Storing Equipment - Dredge, Hoses, Pans.....Oh My

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey....just wondering how everyone stores their equipment?

Weird question I know but I have been trying to find a logical compact way to store my 2" dredge pump, hose, sluice box, pans, classifiers.....buckets...etc. the list goes on as you all know.

Thought it would give me a few ideas and maybe others if we posted some pictures or responded with a few ideas or ways each of us stores our equipment?

Really I NEED the HELP!!!!

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clean it, dry it, cover it, put it where it is out of the way as you will not be using it for several months. Hose could be hung vertical with rag in upper end or horizontal. Or as it is a 2" "Portable dredge a lot of it will go into a soldiers duffle bag, that's where I keep most of the items for mine, store the sluice box so it is upside down, empty the engine of all gasoline and pull the spark plug so it has a chance to air though I would also keep a rag over the top of the engine to keep the spark plug hole from getting dust and stuff in it. The pontoons, put um up. Lots of ways to keep it safe over the winter just depends on what/where you have available for it.......63bkpkr

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some like to drain the gas, I leave a 1/4 of a tank with sta-bil gas treatment, run for 2min. drain the pump.
I have buckets of con's that have only been gone through once so I leave a few pan's and classifiers out to play over the winter.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suction hose needs to be kept out of the sun and stored laying flat and straight. You don't want to store it curled up because it causes stress on the outside. I store mine straight and in the crawl space under the house. I push it in from the outside along the wall and in as far as I can and then pull it up to the wall by the door and it lays straight. Then I close the door and it sits in the dark until next time. Even after years of being stored under the house, my hose is still fresh and ready if the day ever comes to be able to use it again in California. I used it once last year out of state and that was it...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
And if you have any Hooka and air lines ,remember to sanitize them and keep them sealed until ready to use. (keep the bugs and spiders out of it) I use Listerine mouth wash to wipe all surfaces and flush into the lines OFTEN to prevent mold. mold grows very fast in warm moist dark areas. once it starts in your air system it grows fast and can do real damage to your lungs forever!

Last edited:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Store it nope I just change location fire up the heater and keep dredging. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479813136.314296.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen to that sentiment. I always plug the compressor outlets as them mud wasps just love the inside to build a home full of nasty critters. John

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info! Thanks!

How about ideas to actually store it as in....do you put your sluice on a shelf in the garage...hang it from hooks....hang the hoses down from a clip on the ceiling? Things like that as well.....it just seems everything is huge and doesn't fit anywhere in my garage......

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info! Thanks!

How about ideas to actually store it as in....do you put your sluice on a shelf in the garage...hang it from hooks....hang the hoses down from a clip on the ceiling? Things like that as well.....it just seems everything is huge and doesn't fit anywhere in my garage......

If it doesn't fit in the garage then put it under the house... I have the hoses, frames and floats for 2 - 4" Prolines under the house along with my 6" suction hoses a 4" & an 8" subbie all out of the way in a crawl space. I keep the motors and air tanks in my shop and my airlines store inside of the air tanks.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a dedicated trailer. It is a military trailer with a new synthetic tarp that fits well and keeps the weather out. 4" dredge, 2"dredge, High banker, couple water pumps, dive gear, pans... it's all ready to go in a moments notice, just back up to it and go. Plus If I get out there and decide that high banking is better than dredging, because of high water or.. I am ready to go. No forgotten equipment.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
like Actionman I store my dredges in my 16 x 7 enclosed trailer with my other gear and cooking equipment. No sense unloading then reloading to me. Now I hope ill be up to getting this out for a try this Spring. The older I get , the harder it is to do this!

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
like Actionman I store my dredges in my 16 x 7 enclosed trailer with my other gear and cooking equipment. No sense unloading then reloading to me. Now I hope ill be up to getting this out for a try this Spring. The older I get , the harder it is to do this!

If you head my way I can shuttle you right to the water from camp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread