Oklahoma prospector looking for some color!!!

Mar 7, 2016
Moore, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals! My name is Chebon and I'm 24 years old from the Sooner State a.k.a. Oklahoma. I've been panning and prospecting for about a year now and it's my favorite hobby and I try to get out as much as I can.

I'm thinking about hitting the Kiamichi River this weekend between Moyers and Antlers hoping to find some gold. Mike Pung, the co-inventor of the Gold Cube has told me personally at the GPAA meetings that the best places to pan are the gravel bars alongside the river but I'm also leaning towards just digging in the stream hoping to hit bedrock. I've researched the USGS reports on the water level and the water is probably about a foot and a half deep which is perfect. What would you guys recommend?

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the floods changed the river a lot since my last trip think its time to hit it with the 4".

Early this spring I took my son's 3" I am building for some test runs. I just wanted to watch it work, make adjustments, hog some material and see how it performed before taking it up to Colorado. I repeatedly over-loaded the box and then just dumped everything back into the water for another test. After trying different adjustments I just ran it normally for about an hour, and then kept those cons. There was more gold than I expected! I just wonder how much I dumped back out, LOL.

on the flooding.... that channel you were working between the bar and the bank.... gone. It was completely filled in gravel this spring.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Early this spring I took my son's 3" I am building for some test runs. I just wanted to watch it work, make adjustments, hog some material and see how it performed before taking it up to Colorado. I repeatedly over-loaded the box and then just dumped everything back into the water for another test. After trying different adjustments I just ran it normally for about an hour, and then kept those cons. There was more gold than I expected! I just wonder how much I dumped back out, LOL.

on the flooding.... that channel you were working between the bar and the bank.... gone. It was completely filled in gravel this spring.[/QUOTE

And i know exactly how to remove it.:occasion14:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to dredge a channel straight through that gravel bar to see whats there. I know its had a few highbanker holes in it, but they barely scratched the surface of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread