I found gold flakes in my gutter

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last week I got bored and made a homemade high banker out of random crap in my garage. Next to my driveway is a irrigation rain water run off. I decided to dig up the dirt to see how the home made high banker worked and I actually found little flakes of gold. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480409306.083976.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480409324.255285.jpg

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, what was your address again?? I'll sneak over in the night and steal your yard! :laughing7:

I've heard about such things happening - even saw an episode of Gold Fever (Outdoor Channel) where this guy in (I think) the San Gabriel mountains area would sweep the dirt out of the street in front of his house. Must be amazing to actually have your home in such a place! ...But I would suspect, also very frustrating!!

Nice highbanker. :thumbsup:

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig up drainage ditch! Run the material and then turn it into a giant sluice box and pray for rain up stream. Would be interesting too see what the results would be. Guess really would depend on the size of the ditch in the end.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like it's time to plant some large trees, dig a Koi pond, a swimming pool, contour the landscaping and any other digging projects you can think of. When the Better half asks "Why are you running all that through the sluice?" just reply that you don't want to put back "Dirty dirt". :laughing7:

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I'm "somewhere" in California, but seriously though this was after 2 5 gallon bucket of dirt that I filled up then ran through my homemade high banker contraption. I'm not sure what surprised me more, finding the color or that my sluice actually worked lol

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear Neighbors: I'm pleased to announce my free gutter cleaning service, yes absolutely FREE!

Call NOW, this is a limited time FREE offer!

Last edited:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So you just go out by the damn driveway with a dust pan and turn some shine .

Zpocvp3.gif

:laughing7: :icon_thumright:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread