Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Keyesville sign.jpg

Took this pic in november. It's a new sign posted at the kiosk as you enter Keyesville.
I have two problems with it.
1) The link on sign does not work -- The whole BLM Bakersfield site don't work.
2) "Non-Claimants stay in the Recreational Mining Area". New signs went up marking the Recreational Mining Area and this is a good thing but posting a sign that I have to stay in it is my problem. I can prospect wherever I please as long as it open to mineral entry (it is) and I'm not on a valid Claim. I know they can't enforce it but it just rubs me the wrong way.

My gripe for the day
Mike

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More information coming soon. How nice. Feel for you man. Get some people together and contact your congressman male your voices heard. Good luck with this #### Mike

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like someone is trying to make up their own rules!

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So roads and trails, rock walls, sluicing features are grouped in with other historical sites? Where do these econazis come up with this fantasy BS? Oh thanks, puff-puff, here, pass it on.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's certainly a possibility. There was a bogus sign put up at the EFSG that had words misspelled. The fact they they referred to a GPAA claim by name suggests that they have some knowledge however.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine closed for our own usze.

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it is an active claim --- but not an active GPAA claim.
I'm 200% sure BLM put up the sign.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears that a new BLM website is currently being made. Once it's up and running, the above URL should work if you leave off the www.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stinkn' BLM is using their new tool'" SEGREGATION" all over the place to steal our mining rights for 20 years so they can figure our IF they want to do something with the land...ie: enviro bs. I KNOW as 1 claim rights taken-seen 3 lawyers(liers) and told under new policies for energy, eco and such perfectly legal. I mine anyhow :skullflag::censored: John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's hope that during this lame duck period awaiting a change of Administrations ,the wackos don't go beserk with vindictive regulations .Can't put anything past them

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this isn't the first thread on this, there was another thread on a 15 day wait period on mining claims and something about a recreational permit.
the other thread was this hands & pans thing calling it mineral collecting instead of prospecting, this cancer has to STOP...

the ROD for the RMP Has this;
(b) Establish, in accordance with 43 CFR 3809.31, the area of ecological importance as an area
requiring a 15 day notification be given to the BLM prior to beginning any activity under the
mining laws including; Casual Use, to allow the BLM to determine whether a notice or plan of
operations must be submitted; and
(c) Identify as unavailable for livestock grazing
https://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/...D.Par.35153.File.dat/Bakersfield_ROD-ARMP.pdf map on page 116

I heard they wanted a PoO, GPAA couldn't say when or how many people would be using the claim,
I think they said if an individual wanted to use the claim to contact them, you would have to put in a NOI...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread