goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well they've gone and done it yet again. Two more monuments to nothing have been put in place by presidential order. One of them is in the Bear Ears area in Utah (Aprox 1.2 Million acres) near the four corners region and the other near Gold Butte outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. (Amount of land grabbed unknown at this time)

Now I'm not sure my thinking is right on the Bear Ears area, but much of that land belongs to the Navajo Nation. (Key word here is NATION!!) This is a sovereign nation belonging to the Navajo People and is NOT BLM land. Wouldn't this sort of be like a U.S. President grabbing a chunk of downtown MOSCOW and turning it into an American National Monument? :icon_scratch: ???

Public lands belong to the people NOT the government and as such the people should have some say in how they are used. Every time another "Monument" goes up, miners as well as many other users of these public lands end up being locked out. Removal from mineral entry, road closures and other restrictions are just the start of keeping people out of lands that belong to all of us.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many of the Navajos raise sheep. Just wondering if they might be allowed to run them on a National Monument if in fact the area includes some of their grazing grounds? I read somewhere that at least one tribal spokesman is happy so...... Might be a different story if there were known natural resources on the land or maybe there is and O is locking them up.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there may be some serious coal deposits there

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well they've gone and done it yet again. Two more monuments to nothing have been put in place by presidential order. One of them is in the Bear Ears area in Utah (Aprox 1.2 Million acres) near the four corners region and the other near Gold Butte outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. (Amount of land grabbed unknown at this time)

Now I'm not sure my thinking is right on the Bear Ears area, but much of that land belongs to the Navajo Nation. (Key word here is NATION!!) This is a sovereign nation belonging to the Navajo People and is NOT BLM land. Wouldn't this sort of be like a U.S. President grabbing a chunk of downtown MOSCOW and turning it into an American National Monument? :icon_scratch: ???

Public lands belong to the people NOT the government and as such the people should have some say in how they are used. Every time another "Monument" goes up, miners as well as many other users of these public lands end up being locked out. Removal from mineral entry, road closures and other restrictions are just the start of keeping people out of lands that belong to all of us.

The Navajo Nation is estatic that the land was designated a national monument.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grazing is still allowed

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a conservation foundation is formed and they buy up grazing rights and any extra private property
the ones around gold butte were bought up years ago all but the Bundys...

in Utah its uranium a lot of the claims are EFR WHITE CANYON CORP

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Eventually, after all the Presidents "take" public land for their "legacy" , what public land will "we" have ???? Will they eventually "take" private land when they run out of public land through condemnation? Why don't they go into the cities and cleanup slums and make that their "legacy lands" ?? Sooner or latter its got to happen! How many millions of acres does one person need to make a point??

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
this is just 1 more way for them wacoenviromentalistterriorists to STOP mining on public land and theres not much we can do about it! When they run out of "our public land" they will have to go into the cities and cleanup the slums for their "legacy"!

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once President Trump Takes office he can over turn all this EPA BS and give our lands back to the people. 1.2 million acres must be a monster monument. He needs to put the miners back to work in California and the western states that Obama put out of work. I believe the EPA should not have anything to do with anything but pollution matters. Also while he is at it get ride of the Forestry services hold on those lands also, both the epa and FS groups should be disbanned or put a leash on them. Of coarse this is only my opinion as everyone has there own. May silver or gold be in the bottom of your dig.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ducky Happy New Year. I've never gotten a PM from the Powers That Be. They ususaly yell at me a bit. And yeah, I had it coming

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ducky Happy New Year. I've never gotten a PM from the Powers That Be. They ususaly yell at me a bit. And yeah, I had it coming

Yeah, I had it coming too I guess. Somebody might have chosen to feel offended if they chose to read what i posted, and then also chose to pay attention to it. I wouldn't want to be responsible for forcing someone to feel anything if such a thing is possible, which it ain't.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
So, seen any good sit-coms lately?

Now I know I'm going out on a limb here and may violate the rules.... But in my mind, there is no such animal as a GOOD sit-com. If it's got to have a laugh track to tell you when something is SUPPOSED to be funny...... Well you get my point. It's kind of like reality tv that is anything but real. ;)

Here is a link to the Washington Times article on this:

Obama claims another 1.6 million Western acres as national monuments - Washington Times

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if Trump keeps his word we will all be getting our lands back shortly. Shame the same people will still be in charge of national forest development, but I guess yah cant fix it all at once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread