Got bored

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got bored and decided to make another homemade high banker to play around with. It actually works pretty well. I rand a wheel barrel full of unclassified dirt thru it just for fun and found a few small flakes from my backyard. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483176622.528940.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483176651.752404.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483176673.197635.jpg

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with "The other Jeff". Building teaches you more than buying. Kind of like locating your own claim versus buying one or just working a club claim. I've built the majority of my equipment over the years and not only was it fun, but I learned what works and what doesn't. Everything from Long Toms to Highbankers has made its way out of my shop. LOL... If I could have made my own pumps I'd most likely have given it a try as well.

We've also found gold in our yard. Now I just have to figure out where to put the swimming pool, koi pond, underground parking as well as where to plant all those big trees!

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to making things like this but had some random stuff around the house so figured why not mess around

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Yep. Heat gun and shape. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't do it with the smaller cut pieces. Once I got it hot enough, I presses one edge of the pipe against a hard surface and held it there till it cooled.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread