Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Bazooka Gold Company Status?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    4333 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 425jesse View Post
    There is a 36" sniper for sale at the hardware store In Arlington Washington, in a glass display case at the front of the store. Went there to get some electrical parts and had to smile when I saw it. Good luck to whoever gets it!
    Did ya say "Hello" to Phil?
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4414 times
    Prospecting
    I say thanks to Chris for working hard to keep it together and do what is right for the miners. He is a really good guy and hopefully the company can be reformulatedand produce high quality sluices with delivery in a timely manner.

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    898 times
    Prospecting

Bazooka Gold Company Status?

The copy cats have started guy selling these out of Cali.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484093533.698582.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	1400693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484093548.167253.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	1400694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484093564.989494.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	399.6 KB 
ID:	1400695
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

us
    Mar 2012
    Idaho
    Nokta FORS Gold+, Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Bazooka 36" Prospector, Bottom Feeder Hand Dredge, Homemade sluices
    723 times
    Prospecting
    That design looks interesting, however I don't see the fluid bed performing properly in the center of the trap. The outside edges where the holes are will see the most fluid action, while the center packs up. Also not crazy about the size of the holes. When it's time to remove the sluice for cleanups, material can enter the water scoop through those large holes. Going to make it extremely difficult to clean the scoops out. Sure glad I got my 36" Prospector when I did
    Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
    Visit my Idaho Gold Prospecting Blog at Bedrock or Bust
    US Army 1969-1971
    2016 Cancer Survivor

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    8322 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by okbasspro View Post
    The copy cats have started guy selling these out of Cali.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484093533.698582.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	1400693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484093548.167253.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	1400694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484093564.989494.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	399.6 KB 
ID:	1400695

not even close, plus you can out produce it with a pan

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    8729 times
    Prospecting
    That thing is flimsy and poorly designed. It works but wouldn't ever be my first choice. The main thing it has in common with the Bazooka line is the use of black ABS plastic. That's about it.

The manufacturer sent me one to try out early on. I gave him a whole list of improvement suggestions when I sent the sluice back...and he ignored them. Fail.

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
    789 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That's the Aurora Sluice. Been out for a while now. Almost bought one at the gold show. Glad I didn't.
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    Aug 2015
    Galt, CA
    44 times
    Prospecting
    First I find it frustrating that I got pulled into the thread about the Bazooka Gold Company status - My opinion is this should stay on topic.

OKBassPro - I have been selling these products since August 2014 so I'm hardly a "startup" copycat. The designs are completely different.

Goldwasher - Same old Cheap Shot. Anytime you're ready just tell me where and I'll put my sluice up against your pan.

KevinInC - This is a first! My products are now "flimsy and poorly designed". I don't remember getting the memo with all the product improvements you supposedly sent me - maybe you had my email incorrect...maybe you just thought about sending it...either way it's BS everyone.

I would appreciate AMP just being left out of the conversation - People can come to the shows or go online and make their own decisions.

To all BGT owners: I am really sorry that BGC is gone. Todd was always straight up with me and even took the time to look at my original design at his property to make sure it wasn't a patent infringement. I made it a point to never talk BGT down at shows or in public - I always told people it was a quality product and that Todd was a good guy. I just told them our product was a different design.
    et1955 and DizzyDigger like this.

us
    Aug 2015
    Galt, CA
    44 times
    Prospecting
    Underburden - The material remains under the holes so no material gets lost into the plenums (water scoops). Because the sluice uses velocity the water enters the box at the same speed and flow on each hole making material processing even across the entire box (front to back, side to side). Waste material vents out the rear.

Dec 2009
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by okbasspro View Post
    The copy cats have started guy selling these out of Cali.]
    In my opinion it isn't a copy.
    Furthermore the bazooka sluice's patent US5476177 expired years ago. I wonder if anyone shall receive disrespectful words if he/she starts to sell similar items. Think about it. Otherwise, how could we have better or cheaper products, and maintain a healthy economic competition? Monopolies are undesired in many areas of the economy.
    Last edited by Vagadero; Jan 11, 2017 at 08:08 AM.
    Asmbandits likes this.

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    8729 times
    Prospecting
    My list of improvements was provided in a public post here on tnet. Nothing secret about it.

The whole thread was later deleted by the admin because you failed to follow through on becoming a sponsoring vendor as you said you would.

You, yourself said people should classify before feeding the Sluice. Only reason to do that is to protect the deck and punch plate from bigger rocks. Even in minimal use I saw the punch plate warping. Flimsy.
    utah mason and shofs like this.

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
    789 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I hate classifying. Even more when the ground is wet and every cobble is sticky with dirt and gold!

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    861 times
    Prospecting
    Never mind the alternatives is anyone going to pickup the ball and run with it?

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    898 times
    Prospecting
    I am sorry for getting the thread off topic I was just trying to show that the BGT has features that other companies are probably interested in. I hope someone picks up the ball. I was not putting down the other sluice just showing that the market was there for a fluid bed sluice. The more options available the better it is for miners.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

us
    Aug 2015
    Galt, CA
    44 times
    Prospecting
    KInC - Perhaps you should take the time on this thread to re-release the "whole list" of improvements. On the punch plate warping issue I told you that the sluice I gave you was a "first gen" version - The newer versions have eliminated this issue. BTW I tell people to classify because the efficiency of gold recovery goes up.

The reason I didn't become a vendor on this site was because I realized this was a losing proposition - This forum is dominated by 20-25 Bazooka owners who are going to gang up on any thread about AMP even though few of them have actually used my products. I do not have time to sit here day after day responding to endless, pointless discussions that my sluices are crap and the BGT is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I find some things interesting: On page seven of Kevin in Colorado…and elsewhere you show a picture of the AMP sluice and the gold recovered – Even though there was more material run through the Bazooka you stated the gold recovery results were equal, validating my TNet posts that yes Bazooka can run more material but the AMP sluice is more efficient at gold recovery.

On page one of Best sluice box for fine gold you said “The Aurora is tricky to setup correctly but it does a great job on fine gold. It’s also very lightweight which is both good and bad. I doubt it would it would hold up to heavy use the way other sluices do. The top half of the trap tends to scrub out and the bottom half tends toward locking up…and yet it works.”

In neither instance is “poor design” mentioned.

BTW, lightweight doesn’t mean poor durability. On the AMP website June 27, 2016 Curtis says “…Very durable. I slipped on a rock yesterday and had this thing in my backpack. It broke my fall with out breaking”.

Also the person in Colorado that tests my products has owned my sluices for over two years and runs material through them several days a week. He has logged more hours running material in two + years than most people would run in 10-15 years and yet there are no durability issues.

FYI TNetters: I back my products with a lifetime warranty – If you break it I’ll either fix it or replace it, no questions asked. I have never had a return to date.

Goldwasher – Instead of responding with something like “my snuffer bottle will out perform this sluice” - I would rather meet up with you at Bear River or somewhere else and spend the day with you actually running material. It may not change your perceptions or responses on TNet but at least you would have actual experience with the sluice. No it is not a BGT but by the end of the day I’ll bet it will gain your respect.

I rarely participate in TNet discussions any more because I’m tired of being a target. I was monitoring the recent BGC threads because I was told about them by a friend. Funny how quickly this thread morphed into an AMP bashing instead of staying on its original course. I’m done spending time defending my products so this is the last entry.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links