Bazooka Gold Company Status?

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw this in sluicing board so thought I would post incase some of you haven't been over that way and own bazooka products ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483679028.305975.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That thing is flimsy and poorly designed. It works but wouldn't ever be my first choice. The main thing it has in common with the Bazooka line is the use of black ABS plastic. That's about it.

The manufacturer sent me one to try out early on. I gave him a whole list of improvement suggestions when I sent the sluice back...and he ignored them. Fail.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the Aurora Sluice. Been out for a while now. Almost bought one at the gold show. Glad I didn't.

AMP_kbell

Aug 5, 2015
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First I find it frustrating that I got pulled into the thread about the Bazooka Gold Company status - My opinion is this should stay on topic.

OKBassPro - I have been selling these products since August 2014 so I'm hardly a "startup" copycat. The designs are completely different.

Goldwasher - Same old Cheap Shot. Anytime you're ready just tell me where and I'll put my sluice up against your pan.

KevinInC - This is a first! My products are now "flimsy and poorly designed". I don't remember getting the memo with all the product improvements you supposedly sent me - maybe you had my email incorrect...maybe you just thought about sending it...either way it's BS everyone.

I would appreciate AMP just being left out of the conversation - People can come to the shows or go online and make their own decisions.

To all BGT owners: I am really sorry that BGC is gone. Todd was always straight up with me and even took the time to look at my original design at his property to make sure it wasn't a patent infringement. I made it a point to never talk BGT down at shows or in public - I always told people it was a quality product and that Todd was a good guy. I just told them our product was a different design.

AMP_kbell

Aug 5, 2015
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Underburden - The material remains under the holes so no material gets lost into the plenums (water scoops). Because the sluice uses velocity the water enters the box at the same speed and flow on each hole making material processing even across the entire box (front to back, side to side). Waste material vents out the rear.

Vagadero

Dec 3, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The copy cats have started guy selling these out of Cali.]

In my opinion it isn't a copy.
Furthermore the bazooka sluice's patent US5476177 expired years ago. I wonder if anyone shall receive disrespectful words if he/she starts to sell similar items. Think about it. Otherwise, how could we have better or cheaper products, and maintain a healthy economic competition? Monopolies are undesired in many areas of the economy.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My list of improvements was provided in a public post here on tnet. Nothing secret about it.

The whole thread was later deleted by the admin because you failed to follow through on becoming a sponsoring vendor as you said you would.

You, yourself said people should classify before feeding the Sluice. Only reason to do that is to protect the deck and punch plate from bigger rocks. Even in minimal use I saw the punch plate warping. Flimsy.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate classifying. Even more when the ground is wet and every cobble is sticky with dirt and gold!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never mind the alternatives is anyone going to pickup the ball and run with it?

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sorry for getting the thread off topic I was just trying to show that the BGT has features that other companies are probably interested in. I hope someone picks up the ball. I was not putting down the other sluice just showing that the market was there for a fluid bed sluice. The more options available the better it is for miners.

AMP_kbell

Aug 5, 2015
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KInC - Perhaps you should take the time on this thread to re-release the "whole list" of improvements. On the punch plate warping issue I told you that the sluice I gave you was a "first gen" version - The newer versions have eliminated this issue. BTW I tell people to classify because the efficiency of gold recovery goes up.

The reason I didn't become a vendor on this site was because I realized this was a losing proposition - This forum is dominated by 20-25 Bazooka owners who are going to gang up on any thread about AMP even though few of them have actually used my products. I do not have time to sit here day after day responding to endless, pointless discussions that my sluices are crap and the BGT is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I find some things interesting: On page seven of Kevin in Colorado…and elsewhere you show a picture of the AMP sluice and the gold recovered – Even though there was more material run through the Bazooka you stated the gold recovery results were equal, validating my TNet posts that yes Bazooka can run more material but the AMP sluice is more efficient at gold recovery.

On page one of Best sluice box for fine gold you said “The Aurora is tricky to setup correctly but it does a great job on fine gold. It’s also very lightweight which is both good and bad. I doubt it would it would hold up to heavy use the way other sluices do. The top half of the trap tends to scrub out and the bottom half tends toward locking up…and yet it works.”

In neither instance is “poor design” mentioned.

BTW, lightweight doesn’t mean poor durability. On the AMP website June 27, 2016 Curtis says “…Very durable. I slipped on a rock yesterday and had this thing in my backpack. It broke my fall with out breaking”.

Also the person in Colorado that tests my products has owned my sluices for over two years and runs material through them several days a week. He has logged more hours running material in two + years than most people would run in 10-15 years and yet there are no durability issues.

FYI TNetters: I back my products with a lifetime warranty – If you break it I’ll either fix it or replace it, no questions asked. I have never had a return to date.

Goldwasher – Instead of responding with something like “my snuffer bottle will out perform this sluice” - I would rather meet up with you at Bear River or somewhere else and spend the day with you actually running material. It may not change your perceptions or responses on TNet but at least you would have actual experience with the sluice. No it is not a BGT but by the end of the day I’ll bet it will gain your respect.

I rarely participate in TNet discussions any more because I’m tired of being a target. I was monitoring the recent BGC threads because I was told about them by a friend. Funny how quickly this thread morphed into an AMP bashing instead of staying on its original course. I’m done spending time defending my products so this is the last entry.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I didn't become a vendor on this site was because I realized this was a losing proposition
This thread is not about your cräp, so quit taking it off topic to continue promoting your "losing proposition!" You don't belong on this thread at all, so KEEP OUT!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a golden opportunity for AMP to corner the market. Pun intended. Seriously, It's easy for someone on the outside to say " Assume BGT production. You do it."AMP could offer both his and BGTs .Just day dreaming. Some one will pick up the slack.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I stand by my words as quoted above and originally posted. I no longer have or remember the original list of improvement suggestions. Sorry but it just wasn't important enough for me to keep a copy (lol).

I was more polite in my posts back in the day as I was hoping to encourage product improvement and business success for AMP. Lacking that, I've become more candid and direct. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

I'm pleased to hear of the warranty and the improvement to the punchplate. Both are good moves to improve the value of the product. Despite my recent candor, I DO wish you the best in your business endeavors and hope you have many satisfied customers.

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Angus Macgirk Alaskan Flare & Grub Stake
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene Highbanker/2.5" dredge with GH matting
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well :censored:, that explains my 2 month wait for my 36", with no answers to emails or phone calls :BangHead:

Thanks for directing me to this thread Kevin.

Guess I'll have my CC canx my charge. Sucks because I just passed up a great deal on a used 30" because I already ordered this one :BangHead:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well :censored:, that explains my 2 month wait for my 36", with no answers to emails or phone calls :BangHead:

Thanks for directing me to this thread Kevin.

Guess I'll have my CC canx my charge. Sucks because I just passed up a great deal on a used 30" because I already ordered this one :BangHead:

Sorry Mike. Good call on the CC cancellation :(

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title of this thread is [h=2]Bazooka Gold Company Status?[/h]If you wish to start a new topic you may do that but please do not de-rail the original posters "topic".
HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the insults as well...

November 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow one on ebay, the 16" mini is almost double the price new...

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stumbling upon that Bazooka Miner several months back on Craig's list turned out to be very lucky indeed!
Sorry fellas, didn't mean to rub it in.....

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well since the wound is open here is some salt. I have four of them and none will ever be offered up on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread