Bazooka Gold Company Status?

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw this in sluicing board so thought I would post incase some of you haven't been over that way and own bazooka products ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483679028.305975.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still don't understand how you BGT users can be so devoted to a mystery sluice, how can you learn where the gold is if you just shovel into it and don't know if you have gold till you cleanup. My A52 with my mods show me instantly that I am on the gold, knowing the deposition of gold by different floods will help you be a better and more efficient miner. Also have you BGT users ever set up a sluice below the BGT to see if you are losing gold, I have tested the tailings from 2 guy's that used the BGT up here on a certain river, easiest gold I have ever found. Mod suggestion for you BGT users, first add 1/8" ribbed matt above the grill for your on the gold indicator and second add an extension on the back end with ribbed matting so you can tell if you are losing gold.

There's a reason people are so devoted to them. Their not just a bunch of crazy people. If they are set to optimal performance they work really well. And hard to match the feed rate. Look at this pic lots of sub 100-300 in there
View attachment IMG_20160612_170109680.jpg
I will give you that the recovery rate goes down after the sub 100. But that's true to any sluice. But If your running more material even if the recovery rate is slightly lower your still going to recover more gold. Plus your not having to break your back bent over a bucket shaking a classifier and rinsing with water. the majority of the gold where I sluice is sub100. I have ran my a-51 behind my bgt a couple of times, there was gold in the a-51. First time I had a bit of sticky clay mixed in and I was just dumping it on slick plate, and letting it run down. Usually I'll wash the material in the shovel over the bgt to make sure it's broke up. The second time my I wasn't paying attention to the bgt and had it a little more angled in fast water which resulted in the trap scrubbing out.
I built this to go on the end, because I want try and get as much of the sub 100 as I can.
View attachment IMG_20170123_155218972_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170123_155230276_HDR.jpg
I also upgraded my a-51 to gold hog mats I'm going to run it side by side with my prospector next time I get out
View attachment IMG_20170123_155336583.jpg
View attachment IMG_20170123_155340592.jpg
View attachment IMG_20170123_155350386.jpg
I have re-ran the tailings from a a-52 after the guy left, he was running moss with the stock riffles. I recovered a bit from that. If your not running your sluice right or with the right setup your going to lose gold.
As far as not being able to see the gold and not knowing if your on the gold, that's what a pan is for. Your not taking the time to setup your sluice before testing with a pan are you? I test while I'm sluicing to make sure I'm still on the gold.if it's in the pan it's in the trap.

Last edited:

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be honest with ourselves... We just want more toys... Just used my first detector for the first time today, and I'm already dreaming about what "upgraded" model I want next lol...

I already know I want a GoldHog stream sluice eventually.

Toys are fun.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There was one in a glass case at the cashier too, not sure if it's gone also...
Stopped in this morning. All the bazookas are gone. [emoji30]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stopped in this morning. All the bazookas are gone. [emoji30]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sorry HMiller. If you really want to use one, hit me up, I'd be happy to loan you one, my wife and I are expecting any day here, and I likely won't be digging for a couple months.

Good luck!

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats Jesse. No I am fine. I have a sniper. I was just curious as we were having breakfast next door. If they had one I may have pulled the trigger on it since they are rare now. Oh well I have more than enough equipment to use. Don't want any of it getting lonely.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry HMiller. If you really want to use one, hit me up, I'd be happy to loan you one, my wife and I are expecting any day here, and I likely won't be digging for a couple months.

Good luck!

Congrats to you both Jesse!
I hope you can get out with me when I'm there in June :)

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats to you both Jesse!
I hope you can get out with me when I'm there in June :)

You better believe it kevin! I am very excited to hunt for some more of the precious yellow metal with you!

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an opaque thought design in you design...Plastic is softer than rock and sand. It would not take long before your view window is useless from abrasion.
Glass would last a little longer but, glass and creeksides don't get along. Not all good Ideas make good design attributes.

Having to take the box apart to access the inside of the trap just isn't a reasonable thing to ask of customers.

The sluice works fine if your watching it or not.

That makes sense, and I really do think it's a great sluice. Just a few of the times I used it, I had it not set up correctly and it was frustrating to have shoveled a lot of dirt into it for no reason. Still the few times I had it set up right I did alright and could see how useful it really was. Just threw mine on ebay though, I'm just going to stick with a highbanker or dredge from now on.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not understand when you say you shoveled a lot of dirt into it but it was set up wrong and you shoveled into it when it was setup up right? If you shoveled a lot of dirt into on both occasions what was the determining factor of success, the amount of gold? You can't really set them up too wrong. If they are in low flow situation it will process really slow or not at all and then shoveling more would definitely be futile. If it was lack of color it might be there was a lack of color in the material.

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not understand when you say you shoveled a lot of dirt into it but it was set up wrong and you shoveled into it when it was setup up right? If you shoveled a lot of dirt into on both occasions what was the determining factor of success, the amount of gold? You can't really set them up too wrong. If they are in low flow situation it will process really slow or not at all and then shoveling more would definitely be futile. If it was lack of color it might be there was a lack of color in the material.

What I meant was when I set it up wrong the material was just coming out of the trap(not just gold, everything) or everything was just piling up in it without circulating properly. Setting it up right I had to make sure the flow was straight and strong (a normal sluice is far more forgiving for this) and make sure the backend wasn't submerged completely with a good water flow. Have you ever tried using it in a shallow slow moving creek? It just doesn't work correctly. Different tools have their place, and like I said it worked great when I had the right conditions. This is Ohio remember.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya I have been in that situaion many times. Great gold but no flow. Sometimes you can get just enough pitch and flow to keep the machine from locking up. There is always alot of scraping of rock off the grizzly when that happens but it will process the trap. Sometimes the flow can be even better but the material can be a more uniform size about 3/16" to a little above 1/4" and the machine will lock up solid in the trap and flooding back onto the plate. At that point its panning time. As you say Different tools for Different places. Good Luck on that Ohio Gold.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread