Bazooka Gold Company Status?

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw this in sluicing board so thought I would post incase some of you haven't been over that way and own bazooka products ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483679028.305975.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe this definitely belongs here as this is certainly news pertaining to all of us her on TNet as many of us are indeed, bazooka owners. And this is definitely some sad news. Sorry to hear Chris and Todd! Thanks for the good run, and the awesome new toys! Hopefully someone is able to take them over someday and not only continue their legacy, but improve upon it. I know i've seen some awesome innovations from you TNet'rs... Here's your chance ;)

ON that note... Anway way to change the thread title to pertain what the thread is related to?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No disrespect to you Gldguy, but I question the genuineness of that
post.

Bazooka's are the hottest selling sluice on the market, and they are selling
them as fast as they can produce them. Makes no sense at all that they aren't
producing a decent profit. My neighbor even got them stocked at the hardware
store he works at, and they sell at full retail just about as fast as he can get
them in.

If it is legit...well, that sucks. There's no reason in the world that somebody can't
make a decent living with that company, so I do hope someone picks it up (if they
are actually closing).

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect to you Gldguy, but I question the genuineness of that
post.

Bazooka's are the hottest selling sluice on the market, and they are selling
them as fast as they can produce them. Makes no sense at all that they aren't
producing a decent profit. My neighbor even got them stocked at the hardware
store he works at, and they sell at full retail just about as fast as he can get
them in.

If it is legit...well, that sucks. There's no reason in the world that somebody can't
make a decent living with that company, so I do hope someone picks it up (if they
are actually closing).

I ran a hookah lounge for a couple years and we were doing great until the owners wife decided the company's bank account was her personal piggy bank while she was pregnant. Hard to run a business when someone is siphoning off half the $$$ ya need to keep things movin.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran a hookah lounge for a couple years and we were doing great until the owners wife decided the company's bank account was her personal piggy bank while she was pregnant. Hard to run a business when someone is siphoning off half the $$$ ya need to keep things movin.
That there is called insight!

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agree with Sunshine - change title so that readers understand content of post. Sad day indeed. I got my Bazooka sniper last October from a shop in Montana - could not get hold of anyone at company. Really like how it works and would not trade it for anything. If this is true, sorry to see the company go. Am guessing that someone will pick up the rights to produce sometime this year-- too good of an idea to not be picked up.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope it's not true. The sniper was definitely on my list. Just watch the prices on used go thru the roof. Here's another company that seemed to be doing fine and then...???

Gold Prospecting Equipment by Gold-N-Sand

This one I can explain. His current suppliers raised prices for the key bits (valves, plunger seal) and he was losing $$ running the biz so it was time to make a change.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a feeling the product will still be available sooner or later, but not under the same name..

T

Tuolumne

until dredging and high banking comes back, the bazooka is the best for moving lots of material with least amount of effort/classifying for my 20 acres. Im glad I got mine at Placerville hardware and didnt have to wait at all.......

I would buy a used bazook over any other new sluice hands down. Until dredging becomes a reality in the mother load, Im sticking with the perfect setup on my claim, the bazooka sluice, a shovel, sierra blaster, a 5 gallon bucket seat and my fishing pole for my snack breaks:)

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admin delete if not ok but just saw this thought I would post just invade

I used to own a business and though money was flowing like crazy the profit margin began to shrink. I sold the business because of that. Maybe that is the case for the current owners. I was looking to buy a bazooka this spring, hopefully someone buys the company

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just hope China doesn't get their hooks into it!

Wouldn't mind building one from acrylic/polycarbonate if I could get the dimensions.

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you admin for changing the title to my post, for some reason I couldn't edit the title

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a 36" sniper for sale at the hardware store In Arlington Washington, in a glass display case at the front of the store. Went there to get some electrical parts and had to smile when I saw it. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you admin for changing the title to my post, for some reason I couldn't edit the title

Not a problem, software does not allow title changes after it is posted except by mods or admins.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a 36" sniper for sale at the hardware store In Arlington Washington, in a glass display case at the front of the store. Went there to get some electrical parts and had to smile when I saw it. Good luck to whoever gets it!

Did ya say "Hello" to Phil?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I say thanks to Chris for working hard to keep it together and do what is right for the miners. He is a really good guy and hopefully the company can be reformulatedand produce high quality sluices with delivery in a timely manner.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That design looks interesting, however I don't see the fluid bed performing properly in the center of the trap. The outside edges where the holes are will see the most fluid action, while the center packs up. Also not crazy about the size of the holes. When it's time to remove the sluice for cleanups, material can enter the water scoop through those large holes. Going to make it extremely difficult to clean the scoops out. Sure glad I got my 36" Prospector when I did:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread