Best pump for power sluice?

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just acquired a claim last week..so over the course if the next few weeks I am going to be gearing up to process some material...i have a small highbanker but i have always wanted something a little bigger.

I have the tools and experience needed to build a sluice/hopper (been a metal fabricator for the last 20 yrs)...so im going for about 6ft in length..wondering what inexpensive gas powered pump would be ideal? Also wanting to use a dredge nozzle on occasion.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my Keene p-90 pump on my 2 1/2" hi-banker and will also run the suction nozzle. When I convert to 3" and run it as an over under or booming I use a 6.5 h.p. with a Keene p-180 pump which is enough to also run a 4" dredge. There is quite a difference in weight and fuel consumption of the two. http://armadillomining.com/imimg/p90gh_1a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I was thinking a hf 3-5hp motor and a trash pump but i will check those out too

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To run a suction nozzle properly you need a pressure pump, which the p-90 and p-180 are. Trash pumps are not pressure pumps, but would work fine for a hi-banker not using a nozzle.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildminer is correct.
Good pump.

We show it running on our Raptor Highbanker and also show it powering dredge nozzles in several videos.
High Pressure is critical when dredging, most semi-trash pumps are 42 psi and won't lift
material to a converted highbanker. Or at least do it well.

Doc

pumproom.jpg

Last edited:

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting