Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Jbarsk8

Mar 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yosemite is rumored from the locals to have received 15+ inches of rain in the last couple days with more to come, the Merced and numerous other gold bearing rivers and creeks in the area are raging, absolutely raging. I've been here for 5 years and haven't seen anything like it.

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483919873.302822.jpg
This is the American river confluence under forest hill bridge, a friend of mine uploaded this to facebook

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove to Tahoe and back today it was crazy.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need some of that on the San Gabriel river to flush out new gold! Send some down our way!!!

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope my bounty hunter tracker iv i ordered gets here in time to hit the beaches after all this so cal costal rain... my buddy just got back from a hunt with 3 gold rings, a white gold chain, 2 silver coins, and a ton of clad.

He said it was the best hint he has had in 10 years.

I hope there is still some goodies left for me by the time my detector gets here lol.

All this weather has me antsy to get out there and start detecting.

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another sho of the confluence American river ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483958077.874522.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Nice to have the rain but killing our summers snow melt as warmer tropical storms strips the slopes....:icon_scratch: and massive flows just starting as the biggest part of the storm is still on it's way...Safety first around creeks and rivers is the rule of the day. John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the history of Kal weather. You'll get 2 years worth of rain in 2 days and it washes out to sea

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the history of Kal weather. You'll get 2 years worth of rain in 2 days and it washes out to sea

The staggered storm effect we are currently getting doesn't fit the pattern. Storms somewhat done right this time as the wave effect allows water to soak in as the hard baked soil softens up. Sure a lot still going into the ocean as you can't catch it all. Cali will be green in the spring and early summer. It's the fire season one must fear!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, torrential rains, floods and fires. Maybe there will be some decent snow pack result from this. Good luck fellers

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sadly the iconic tunnel tree is the latest victim of the storm. May she rest in peace!

An iconic tunnel tree in a California state park is no more after huge storm - LA Times

Be safe everbody.
That's kinda sad even if you aren't a tree hugger. There is some loggers up here in Oregon that would like to come down and make use of that wood though. The storm is nowhere near as dynamic up here, but the same deal with the snow melting up high. Everyone be safe down there.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's kinda sad even if you aren't a tree hugger. There is some loggers up here in Oregon that would like to come down and make use of that wood though. The storm is nowhere near as dynamic up here, but the same deal with the snow melting up high. Everyone be safe down there.

I would imagine the forest service would have some kind of plans for its remains. Let it lie in place? Use the wood for a commemorative site? Commemorative plaques?

Last edited:

Jbarsk8

Mar 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0552.JPG

This is a "little" creek that feeds into Don Pedro lake. Rarely is it more than a trickle. I took this from probably 4-500 feet away. She is absolutely raging. I can't imagine the gold being moved. One slip and fall into that thing and you're done!

Sorry for sideways shot, I'll get the hang of it soon hopefully

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread