Top 5 Gadgets you would consider a must have

Deaglebear

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new and have a pan and some pay dirt. I love watching videos of different folks showing off their many gadgets and sluices if you could only choose 5 to own besides a pan and classifiers to make life easier which ones would you buy. :hello2::hello2:

Top 5 Favs so far:
1) Blue bowl
2) Miller Table
3) Desert Fox
4) Gold Cube 4 stack
5) Angus MacKirk Predator 3
Runner Ups: Angus MacKirk Alaskan Flair, Foreman II, Grub Stake, Recon II

Yes i realize the bazooka isnt on here (shame on me) as i personally think they are a little out of my price range for the amount of dirt i will be moving ( fairly little ) and the very slow flow of water i have locally.

On another note has anyone ever tried the Angus Mackirk Miller Table and if so is it good? I like how it looks so much more than compared to the green ones!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well after 40 plus years of prospecting/gold mining; at the top of my list is a 2 inch suction gun (my shrimp gun).....lots of different designs out there but I favor the suck and shoot kind.....never has to be opened and cleaned. But of course I am an expert at using it....At times; I have gotten as much gold with one as I have with a 4 inch dredge.

Bejay

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you don't think your going to move enough dirt to make a bazooka worth it then what is the blue bowl, Miller table etc... Going to be used for? These are cleanup tools for bulk super concentrate.

4" dredge
2.5" dredge
Highbanker/dredge
Cleanup sluice
Pack frame with a shelf to haul everything.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot seem to narrow it down to only 5 :tongue3:

It all depends on if you are prospecting vs mining plus the scale of your operation and whether you are talking about hardrock, placer, nugget shooting, dredging, high banking, sluicing, dry washing, sniping for nuggets, under water, under ground, open pit, etc.

Not to mention the types of material that you will be working with that require certain types of equipment and modifications.

GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new and have a pan and some pay dirt. I love watching videos of different folks showing off their many gadgets and sluices if you could only choose 5 to own besides a pan and classifiers to make life easier which ones would you buy. :hello2::hello2:

Top 5 Favs so far:
1) Blue bowl
2) Miller Table
3) Desert Fox
4) Gold Cube 4 stack
5) Angus MacKirk Predator 3
Runner Ups: Angus MacKirk Alaskan Flair, Foreman II, Grub Stake, Recon II

Yes i realize the bazooka isnt on here (shame on me) as i personally think they are a little out of my price range for the amount of dirt i will be moving ( fairly little ) and the very slow flow of water i have locally.

On another note has anyone ever tried the Angus Mackirk Miller Table and if so is it good? I like how it looks so much more than compared to the green ones!

I went back and re-read your post.
One thing that jumped out at me was you going with a 4 stack cube. You said that you would be moving "fairly little material" so for you even a 3 stack would be overkill.

Also you would not need a miller table a blue bowl or a desert fox. To save $ make a miller table if you really want a gadget. But even that is not needed if you have a pan. I would recommend a snuffer bottle.

A sluice is always a good basic item after a pan. Can be used with slow water flow if set at the right angle.

Of course you are going to need a shovel of some sort #2 or smaller.

A 5 gallon bucket is a basic item.

For your particular situation in my opinion these are the bare essentials after a pan and classifiers for getting started prospecting for gold in a creek.
#1. snuffer bottle
#2. 5 gallon bucket
#3. shovel
#4. sluice
#5. vial for gold

Now for my top five gadgets to have for gadget sake to make life easier after the basics have been covered are as follows......

#1. Bazooka style gold trap
gt2.jpg

#2. Gold Cube with trommel attachment
100_5979_00.jpg

#3. miller table
miller 2.jpg

#4. bucket chariot
chariot2.jpg

#5. scoop shovel
100_5120.jpg

I could go on and on as I am a gadget freak.

Go for the Gold
GG~

Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went back and re-read your post.
One thing that jumped out at me was you going with a 4 stack cube. You said that you would be moving "fairly little material" so for you even a 3 stack would be overkill.

Also you would not need a miller table a blue bowl or a desert fox. To save $ make a miller table if you really want a gadget. But even that is not needed if you have a pan. I would recommend a snuffer bottle.

A sluice is always a good basic item after a pan. Can be used with slow water flow if set at the right angle.

Of course you are going to need a shovel of some sort #2 or smaller.

A 5 gallon bucket is a basic item.

For your particular situation in my opinion these are the bare essentials after a pan and classifiers for getting started prospecting for gold in a creek.
#1. snuffer bottle
#2. 5 gallon bucket
#3. shovel
#4. sluice
#5. vial for gold

Now for my top five gadgets to have for gadget sake to make life easier after the basics have been covered are as follows......

#1. Bazooka gold trap

#2. Gold Cube with trommel attachment
View attachment 1402195

#3. miller table

#4. bucket chariot
View attachment 1402193

#5. scoop shovel
View attachment 1402192

I could go on and on as I am a gadget freak.

Go for the Gold
GG~

That scoop shovel is awesome! I thought that last time you posted it. I dont have your fabrication skills. Is there any chance you would make one for a fellow
t-net member. If so what would you charge?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That scoop shovel is awesome! I thought that last time you posted it. I dont have your fabrication skills. Is there any chance you would make one for a fellow
t-net member. If so what would you charge?

Perhaps you could find someone to weld one up for you. I have been selling off all my larger equipment including my welder.
The wife and I are going RVing full time and I am only keeping the basic necessities that I can fit into an RV.

I have downsized all my prospecting/mining equipment to be as small as possible and still be able to move a decent amount of material for a one person operation.
But even at that I doubt there will be room for all of what I consider to be the basics for all the types of prospecting that we enjoy.

I will however find room for the scoop shovel even if I have to design a telescoping handle for it. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perhaps you could find someone to weld one up for you. I have been selling off all my larger equipment including my welder.
The wife and I are going RVing full time and I am only keeping the basic necessities that I can fit into an RV.

I have downsized all my prospecting/mining equipment to be as small as possible and still be able to move a decent amount of material for a one person operation.
But even at that I doubt there will be room for all of what I consider to be the basics for all the types of prospecting that we enjoy.

I will however find room for the scoop shovel even if I have to design a telescoping handle for it. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Did you find a RV? If so what did you get

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not yet but looking for something similar to this.....
View attachment 1402536 [/QUOTE
Beautiful!!!
Love those diesel pushers. Plenty of power to tow trailer with jeep on or in it. Great storage across the bottom. I think it's a excellent choice. Perfect size for retirement. You definitely won't outgrown it.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Buddy that's a really nice rig BUT for me , it wont get to where I want to go! BUT there again your headed out to AZ when you retire this Spring (?) so it would work perfect for you!

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy that's a really nice rig BUT for me , it wont get to where I want to go! BUT there again your headed out to AZ when you retire this Spring (?) so it would work perfect for you!

If you've got a measley extra couple hundred thousand lying around, maybe one of these would get the job done for you!

EarthRoamer

IMG_0225.JPG

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I think that's what his Jeep is for, getting to those hard to reach places

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG,
You've built so many other things why don't you just build one? I and many others would know it would be Well Built even if it did resemble a giant sluice box/trommel combo! Have fun with whatever you do and enjoy yourself, I'm looking forward to retiring in 5 to 10 years @ 78 or 83 years of age (I'm still not old)!.....................63bkpkr

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Angus Macgirk Alaskan Flare & Grub Stake
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene Highbanker/2.5" dredge with GH matting
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For slow water and fine gold, you can't beat any of the Angus small sluices! Drop riffles are ideal for prospecting; run a few buckets, pan it out and see if the spot is working (after test panning first to at least determine if there is gold there).

Run slow and steady, this little mini long tom will hold the fine stuff all day long. Here's 2 grams of fine Colorado micron from 9 buckets of 1/2"

14706806_10208125593684672_5124524548951985720_o.jpg

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
As to which of the gadgets I'd rate in the top 5 goes.... That would depend on where I was working. Always let the terrain and materials determine what's needed to work it in an effective way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread