accidental tresspassing questions

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok here goes another pilgrim questions about searching for gold. You have a few maps and maybe a gps with other assorted stuff to survive the day of searching for your motherlode. You are hiking exploring and searching and trying to be mindful of your whereabouts and you stop and see an interesting spot to check out. You look around and no stakes or flags so you take a few whacks at the hillside and lo and behold you find a nugget. Is it ok to keep looking or are responsible to make sure your not trespassing, bear in mind it doesn't show any claims or ownership on your map. I'm talking about Arizona and it's trespass laws. Thanks for any and all input.

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
They're not representing the GPAA if they say something like that! We always ask permission and leave the place better than we found it. Snakes like that give miners a bad name.

YES I agree ! Ive seen this in several states . I always act just as you do in reference to keeping my camp clean and when leaving it like I found it or cleaner. I have been complimented by the BLM officers in Wyoming on my camp!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread