Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To expand on the subject a little further, I thought it might be prudent to explain how it is; the "tree huggers" shut down the timber harvest, off of public lands,....... in the early days (before the Spotted Owl etc). I speak from personal knowledge having worked very close with the USFS (my input had a lot to do with the science and geology).....as land slides was an early excuse to shut down harvest.....as the "tree huggers" constantly tried to find reasons to curtail harvest.

Their most effective tool, and one that changed the structure and purpose of the USFS was one of always challenging the USFS for failure to comply with "ALL" the rules they had to follow; just to do one timber harvest. The USFS could never get it right...they always failed to meet their challenge, per rulings of the court (Judge)....always in Federal Court (the 9th). Failure to comply with the letter of the law; (the USFS own set of rules /laws to follow). Now one must not confuse State anti obstacles with Federal agencies and the law. When one challenges a Federal agency with failure to perform, one can get into Federal Court. When one challenges a State (and each State is independent of other State rulings....one State does not set a precedent for another state)....one is left with exhausting all "resolve/remedy" at the State level before one could take the challenge into Federal Court.

Challenging the EPA and other Federal Agencies and holding their feet to the fire is a remedy that works if properly presented.

For what it is worth so miners can understand how the game can be played.

Bejay

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions