Primary Interest:
Other
15874686_1236393313121409_34397944286345486_o.jpg

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
A person would think that the current state mining / prospecting / dredgeing is on the West coast , any meeting about this would have lots of interested partys attending to atleast find out whats up ! Unless we speak up and get involved ,we lose!

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did every one have a chance to speak? Anything worth passing on?

ratled

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Two speakers against. About 10 for including AMRA , WMA, Robert Guardiola, myself, and a few others. AMRA and WMA came prepared with PowerPoint presentations. Shannon said he would try to post his information and videos on FB tonight. There was a student there from Fresno State who gave a good speech. They had a rep from DFW. She gave a short PowerPoint. Bottom line is there weren't enough of us there. We need a better turn out from the miners. I am putting out a challenge to all California miners on this forum to attend one of the meetings and say something, anything, even if someone has said the same thing. We need numbers and need them now. Spread the word about these meetings to people you know in the mining community. If the rest of these meeting have the same attendance, this is a lost cause.

T

Tuolumne

the sac meeting will be on web broadcast and each miner can still send in written comment! We should start a thread and tnet members can post if they have sent off a letter to the board

WEBCAST OF WORKSHOP
A broadcast of the Sacramento workshop to be held on February 6, 2017 will be available at: https://video.calepa.ca.gov.

SUBMISSION OF WRITTEN COMMENTS
State Water Board staff will also accept input and recommendations through written comments. Written comments should be submitted no later than noon on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 to the following address with the following title: “DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING POTENTIAL ACTIONS TO PROTECT WATER QUALITY FROM SUCTION DREDGE MINING” on the correspondence:
State Water Resources Control Board Division of Water Quality – NPDES Unit P.O. Box 100 Sacramento, CA 95812-0100
-3-
Written comment letters may also be submitted by email to [email protected] (if less than 15 megabytes in total size). For email submittals, please indicate in the subject line: “COMMENT LETTER– DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING POTENTIAL ACTIONS TO PROTECT WATER QUALITY FROM SUCTION DREDGE MINING.” Couriers delivering hard copies of public comment letters must check in with CalEPA Building lobby security personnel, at 1001 I Street, Sacramento CA 95814. Couriers must request security staff to contact Russell Norman or Philip Isorena (contact information below).
For future notices about the subject workshops, interested parties may subscribe to the “Suction Dredge Mining” Lyris list located at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/…/email…/swrcb_subscribe.shtml.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Sending a letter is fine but why not do both? I'll be attending the meeting in Sac on the 6th. Hope some of you will accept my challenge and be there too.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opening presentation from Russell Norman of the California Water Board.

Craig Lindsay WMA

Fresno CA pt 3 Shannon Poe

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending a letter is fine but why not do both? I'll be attending the meeting in Sac on the 6th. Hope some of you will accept my challenge and be there too.

Cool now I know who I'll be sitting next to.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe if they didn't plan these meetings middle of the week during prime working hours they would have more attendance. I want to go to the San Bernadino meeting to show support but it's right in the middle of my shift today.

T

Tuolumne

well if I can get to the fish and wildlife stage Im set.

Ive got no native salmon, no water intake for public use downstream, Im non mercury hot spot ,Im tadpole and Tuolumne worm friendly already, no dams up stream, no clay, I already clean out the invasive rainbow trout each morning when they rise....

can I get one of those 1,500 caped spots available?

information gap? everywhere

We shall see, they are worried about the 2% of the merc thats not caught by the dredge? would you rather have drinking water flow around 100% of the merc? that was not logical and he was saying Ummmmm alot when he wasnt confident in his slides, lol

we need those further restrictions details in words about the restrictions on the table and their favored options.....

Looks like small dredge will be favored........

If you have salmon it sounds like it will be more of a process or not allowed at all, how many percentage of claims are in salmon/steelhead zone?

Sac should be packed right?

If you go to the meetings and sit there its a waste, sign up on the card right when you get there, then find your seat. If you dont want to talk give your valuable 2 minutes to goldwasher and QNcrazy or any other tnet on your card. I know you tnet nerds are thinking "my power point would have been way better" right?

Is there vid of any of the other speakers? Sounds like shannon will have enough time at all the meetings, he had a lot of time to think about what he was going to present- he should fine tune it, not his best performance and I think others will agree hes done better presentations. he needs to get into the meat of the issue faster, his first three minutes were not sharp after his brohug with the DFW (which i also have big bro hugs with, Im on good terms with all the DFW who sneak up on me).

How come the water board people were not sitting close to listen in, where did they disappear to?

Write a letter and they have to read every word and cant ditch out or zone out on the speakers.

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Todd, all of us had no idea what to expect for this first meeting. We did not know what opposition was going to be there. What you don't see is that once the opposition finished speaking, they ditched out. Shannon got another chance to speak to rebut their information but they were already gone. Go figure.

Many of us were taking notes to be better prepared for the following meetings. I'm sure Shannon will update his powerpoint to include rebuttal information and present it before the opposition even gets a chance to speak. When I spoke, it was ad-lib, no preparation, but I did get the attention of the DFW represetative. I will draft my letter based on the notes I took and will use it to speak from in SAC. Once it's drafted, i will share with the rest. A word of warning though, we need to be careful about using Form Letters, they don't hold as much weight as individually drafted letters. If you look at the DFW suction dredging page, you'll see what I mean.

T

Tuolumne

I would love to see vid of the Karuk meeting, seems likely to be highly regulated or prohibited in Native areas. They are well represented on the Fish and wildlife commission and will always get clout on their option preference.

AMRA has more vids from the meeting up on thier facebook , Shannons rebuttal of the enviros was great, he needed to talk about that stuff right when he first spoke, especially about most claims being on waterways with non androgynous fish!

every meeting someone should show the yuba river at the 49er bridge before and after rains to cement the fact that turbidity is higher in any storm than 100 dredgers could make in the summer low water period.....

How come those enviros never follow range cattle and see how they poop up the waterway, you can easily test for fecal coliform. They should be held to same standards as miner using the land. I speak for the fish, they want dredged water rather than poop water anyday.

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pt4 Robert Guardiola

pt 5, opposition to dredging and rebuttal

part 6 general public comments

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish or critical habitat should not be in this permit, wildlife and Salmon should be managed by CDFW only
you could get something like Idaho with the state having open water but closed by the EPA.
they say the EPA permit doesn't regulate Salmon they just don't issue a permit identified as critical habitat:BangHead:

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who are perfect do nothing. Being in front of a crowd trying to get any points across about such a contentious issue with over 8 years of insanity behind you is ungodly hard. Holding temper is the worst as just so much insanity based in bs . As we proved in 1994 EIR committee this insanity is ABSOLUTELY 100% gobbledegook full of smoke and mirrors and illegal legislation tatics all the way back to the budget rider killing specials-Talked with Craig, Rick and others at WMA and the fight is far from over and EXPENSIVE as can be as Supreme Court AND San Bernadino(May) court rises fast. John PS. Thank you very much Oak for the thread and Winner for the links to videos,sure saved time..thanks again

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread