OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to find the segment on you tube but, couldn't. Here is another video by Ron Larson. I didn't watch it all yet to see if the same clip is in it. I don't know if you have to have Facebook to view the first video sorry.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never understood the thinking that heavy equipment in the waterway is less harmful to the environment than a dredge. These things are oil drippy, greasy messes 9 times out of 10, they leave track marks and a footprint wherever they have been not to mention whats needed to be done to the environment just to get them in the waterway is way more of a impact.. Seems arse backwards to anyone with a little common sense you would think..

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you just need to restore some trout streams right into your wash plant... Erm... I mean spawning gravel restoration plant.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavy equipment and all the associated mess must drive up the budget/grant to much more APPRECIABLE amounts.

Letting miners do the work is to affordable and logical.

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I live in Georgia and I remember years ago reading an article espousing the general wisdom that suction dredging was GOOD for a trout stream as the excavations created ideal beds for spawning. Enviro-terrorists have struck again.

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup.... Salmonoids need a maximum of 25% compaction for spawning beds, any more than that and its difficult for them to create their "beds" to lay their eggs. Last time I checked.. a dredge reduces that compaction

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Georgia and I remember years ago reading an article espousing the general wisdom that suction dredging was GOOD for a trout stream as the excavations created ideal beds for spawning. Enviro-terrorists have struck again.

We'd be wise to make friends with the fishermen and hunters..

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'd be wise to make friends with the fishermen and hunters..

Isn't there data involved by now at least on california rivers and streams on salmon and trout populations from 2002-2008 (Suction Dredge) and 2009-2016 (No Dredge). If Dedging is the root cause of the decline in salmon/trout there should be noticible increase in the populations over the last 6 years.

I tried looking into the data on the number of fishing licenses sold and looking to see if there was a corolation between an increase in population of people and the number of fishing licenses sold, but the data I found on Oregon licenses showed that the sale of fishing/hunting licenses was actually in decline. And that West Coast people are in many ways less outdoorsy and less involved in things like hunting/fishing than ever before.

Assuming that's true in California as well, there should be an increase in the fish populations. No Dredging, and less fishing.

But I think things like paving over the river/streams to control flood water, dams, commercial ocean fishing and 6 years of drought have a much larger impact on fish populations.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron Larson wants in the fight now, 15 years later and now that his state is under attack? Surprise, surprise... :evil6: Well that proves the old saying - you reap what you sow...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread