Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife (game) will no longer accept cash for a fishing license.
I find this hard to swallow -- government agencies that will not accept legal tender that a government agencies printed.
Mods delete this if you want but since (CDFW) might issue dredging permits just wanted
to show how bass ackwards things are.
http://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Fishing#44521415-items--fees

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cash is slowly going to be phased out of the economy. Wouldn't be suprised if at one point they announce that you need to turn over all cash to banks or other government collection agencies by a certain date or be stuck with tender that is no longer legal.

All under the guise of cost savings, eliminating the need to print/destroy money, prevent counterfeit money, etc. And then force people to pay taxes on everything they earn because they eliminate the ability to do cash transactions under the counter. Thus creating more tax revenue to fund social services.

Another smart post Goldfleks! India is already doing this (as you likely know!)...to fight counterfeiting and off-books work as you say.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cash is slowly going to be phased out of the economy. Wouldn't be suprised if at one point they announce that you need to turn over all cash to banks or other government collection agencies by a certain date or be stuck with tender that is no longer legal.

All under the guise of cost savings, eliminating the need to print/destroy money, prevent counterfeit money, etc. And then force people to pay taxes on everything they earn because they eliminate the ability to do cash transactions under the counter. Thus creating more tax revenue to fund social services.

not only india https://cointelegraph.com/news/cash-electronic-money-scandinavia.

They always say because of corruption,but behind there,s banks and guberments
The banks have a problem with negativ interest rates they would like average joe to pay for,but if they force them up to the customers,they might close theyre account and take the money home.This will not be possible if there,s only electronic cash.
Instead of getting something for giving your money to your bank ,you will pay for giving your money to your bank-nice.robbery.
Where still in preparation Phase,meaning the laws are getting adapted,for example it,s nomore possible here to get the wage in cash etc.etc.STEP BY STEP they have time and every new adapted digitalised generation will swallow more.
Also the banks are starting to get rid of the the jobs for the bank counter employees,and force additional fees on you if you don,t use homebanking etc.
When the next economic crisis comes ,bank and goverments can do theyre "capital traffic control" Ask the greeks how it feels when you can't get hold of YOUR money .
Again because people get aware of what happends during such events and could take theyre cash home and possibly make something intelligent with it,like buying some gold or property:dontknow: Cash has to be deleted so we can be screwed more efficiently.
Then think about the total power of grabberments knowing everything about you ,what you buy,when you buy,where you buy.
You are suspect in some ways ,with a click on the button your ruined.
Sleep well world,all hail to the digitalisation,it,s progress you know? And don't forgett the mantra;it,s coming and you can do nothing about it.

Buy gold and terrain now?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another smart post Goldfleks! India is already doing this (as you likely know!)...to fight counterfeiting and off-books work as you say.
and be careful what you wish for. Indain corruption is huge, worse in the upper castes.

This is the USA. we are allowed to "work of the books" and our currency is hardest to counterfeit. Yard sales, lawn mowing paying the girl up the road to babysit. Cash is king and must remain. I realize that progressivism seems smart to some...however. The day that they make us turn in our cash as it seems some actually think is ok...is going to be the end of us as free people. Progressiveism is progress for the government and the do nothings at this point. It is a smack in the face to hard working people. And all the people who have actually fought for equality in this nation.
Realistically that will make gold and silver more valuable but, it would also end up being restricted. Don't let the last fifty years erase thousands of years of logic. Cash give power to the people. If you don't know why a Government want to control how much of it you " can have" than please please read some more history...or better yet look at the aspect of our society ( i'm not talking about the actually disabled) that rely on Government cards right now....and how they act when they don't have the credits on their card , and how that aspect of our society has became more negative as more are put on reliance to that government card. And if you think that prevents them from taking part in "off the books " commerce you don't know much about that part of our society.

Any one who doesn't support people cashing their paychecks and putting their money where they want, really needs to learn to mind their own business. especially the government.

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anfd be careful what you wish for. Indain corruption is huge, worse in the upper castes.

This is the USA. we are allowed to "work of the books" and our currency is hardest to counterfeit. Yard sales, lawn mowing paying the girl up the road to babysit. Cash is king and must remain. I realize that progressivism seems smart to som...however. The day that they make us turn in our cash as it seems some actually think is ok...is going to be the end of us as free people.
Realistically that will make gold and silver more valuable but, it would also end up being restricted. Don't let the last fifty years erase thousands of years of logic. Cash give power to the people. If you don't know why a Government want to control how much of it you " can have" than please please read some more history...or better yet look at the aspect of our society that relies on Government cards right now....and how they act when they don't have the credits on their card. And how that aspect of our society has became more negative as more are put on reliance to that government card. And if you think that prevents them from taking part in "off the books " commerce you don't know much about that part of our society.

Any one who doesn't support people cashing their paychecks and putting their money where they want, really needs to learn to mind their own business. especially the government.

A smart society will keep currency. The digital way isn't any more secure in the end. Power grid failure(s) would set the domino effect in action. Who cares if the big banks, walstreet, governments have backup generators just in case. If the grid goes you'll have zippo, zilch, nothing to purchase gas, food, etc. How many mom and pop stores, gas stations, diners, convenient stores have generators and satalite phones to process transactions?

Only way I guess to almost avoid any worries about it would be to completely go off the grid. You'd probably need a couple years of really carefull planning, lots of knowledge of naiture, and a really good small group of people with complementing talents.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Boy did this threat ever get off track on some ranting tangent:icon_scratch: Wasn't this only about DFW not taking cash for transactions at their offices?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy did this threat ever get off track on some ranting tangent:icon_scratch: Wasn't this only about DFW not taking cash for transactions at their offices?
Not really a tangent more of a parallel. It shows that most people look as deep as headlines and decide based on emotion, opinion, or ingrained complacency.

the attitude of....just get used to it , because others are...Man that is some kind of special weakness.

I like the duality of it. Dfw not using cash in their offices equals George Orwell.......but it's ok because India and city-borne acceptance of "convenience" with no care for the loss of Liberty. man I am so Glad I am not surrounded by freeways and people. it does bad stud to common sense.

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1/2 the title is ' A little off topic " so it's a grey area. The fear of a cashless society is scary to a lot of people. I don't the their decision to not take cash is a starting point for a cashless society/nation/country....Looks more like a it makes economical sense for them action.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy did this threat ever get off track on some ranting tangent:icon_scratch:

Such is the nature of the internet ;)

At least we have the knowledge and equipment to retrieve valuable minerals from the ground. Not to mention survival knowledge and wilderness wherewithal in the event those skills ever become necessary. Gold will ALWAYS have value, no government can ever take that away.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To be clear I'm a fan of cash and gold!!!

KRIKITTS

Sep 19, 2014
STATE OF JEFFERSON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws! Mayer Amschel Rothschild
banking - Did Rothschild say this famous quote? If yes, what did he mean by it? - History Stack Exchange
----------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Behind The Woodshed Blogcaster ? January 22, 2017 | Real Liberty Media

Out With The Old

Davos Elites Call For a Ban on Physical Cash… in the US.

Roughly two weeks ago, when writing about the cash ban in India, I stated:

If you think the Elites aren’t watching this unfold with sheer delight you’re mistaken. Globally a war on cash has been declared. And India has now proved that it can be done with little consequence. The fact it INCREASE tax hauls (something every Government on the planet wants) is just icing on the cake.

The Elite's Dream of a Cash Ban is Now Closer Than Ever | Zero Hedge

Fast forward to this week at the Davos Economic Forum in Davos Switzerland, and Nobel Prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz all but said the exact same thing.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has already removed 86% of his country’s currency from circulation in an attempt to curb tax evasion, tackle corruption and shut down the shadow economy.

Should the US follow suit?

Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize-winning economist, thinks so. Phasing out currency and moving towards a digital economy would, over the long term, have “benefits that outweigh the cost,” the Columbia University professor said on day one of the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos…

“I believe very strongly that countries like the United States could and should move to a digital currency,” he said, “so that you would have the ability to trace this kind of corruption. There are important issues of privacy, cyber-security, but it would certainly have big advantages.”

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017...al-economy-says-this-nobel-laureate-economist

Again… the War on Cash is not slowing down. India effectively removed 86% of the physical cash in circulation and no one was forced to resign.

Put simply, India signaled to the global elites that you can implement a near complete ban on physical cash, and there are no real consequences as far as political aspirations.

We believe that the Elites will be pushing for this policy to hit the US. If you think this is impossible consider that Stiglitz openly called for the US to ban cash in the article above.

SWIFT global banking system pilots blockchain tech

The global interbank messaging organization SWIFT is launching a proof-of-concept project using blockchain technology to keep track of cross-border bank funds in real time.

In an announcement Thursday, the Brussels-based cooperative said a private blockchain based on Hyperledger – the open source software project hosted by the Linux Foundation – would monitor so-called nostro accounts of banks that volunteered for the pilot. Nostro accounts are foreign currency reserves maintained by banks in other countries where they do business.

Currently, banks monitor their nostro funds “via debit and credit updates and end-of-day statements,” the SWIFT announcement says.

“The maintenance and operational work involved represents a significant portion of the cost of making cross-border payments,” the statement goes on. Banks typically keep large pools of cash in nostro accounts, so they can settle transactions in that currency.

Although blockchain is the technology underlying digital currencies like bitcoin, the pilot won’t use it to replace the money in those accounts. Instead it will provide all the banks that sign-up with a verifiable real-time record of all transactions in and out of their nostro accounts.

Blockchain, also known as distributed ledger technology, or DLT, uses cryptographically guaranteed record-keeping and distributed computing to create an unforgeable record of a transaction that all parties have access to.

The pilot, which will launch early this year, “will test whether distributed ledgers may be able to help banks reconcile those nostro accounts more efficiently and in real time, lowering costs and operational risk,” SWIFT says.

Despite the pilot, Wim Raymaekers, who heads SWIFT’s global payments innovation initiative sounded a somewhat skeptical note.

“Whilst existing DLTs are not currently mature enough for cross-border payments, this technology, bolstered by some additional features from SWIFT, may be interesting for the associated account reconciliation,” he said in a statement.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fastest way to make a bank loose their digital money is a cat 5 cable with a wall plug attached. Simply plug both ends in to their respective jacks. :evil4:

You can't do that to currency!

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pPgd7Hj3ABQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting watch about the potential of future currency. I think we will eventually see more crypto currencies and block chain type money. I like the whole idea that with block chains you could essentially do away with banks entirely. As much as I appreciate the financial institutions and money lending I think banks could do a much better job at not screwing over people who live check to check and in doing so, maybe help those people not have to live check to check.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now come on ... look at it from the oppressors point of view ................
Independent farming ... Barter and trade ... hand to hand legal tender ...
is just bad for business man .

5aqnvrE.gif

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pPgd7Hj3ABQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting watch about the potential of future currency. I think we will eventually see more crypto currencies and block chain type money. I like the whole idea that with block chains you could essentially do away with banks entirely. As much as I appreciate the financial institutions and money lending I think banks could do a much better job at not screwing over people who live check to check and in doing so, maybe help those people not have to live check to check.

The money borrowed from banks is usually not the banks money. the bank gets to earn off of interest. Their main benefit is the federal insurance and transparency. The consumer protections provided via legislation is great.
I learned the hard way using a non-bank merchant services provider. I started getting ripped off with hidden charges right away. I had to use my bank and BBB to stop it and recoup some of the excessive fee.
A private company handling your money is going to end up charging you for things that banks don't. "No one trusts banks" is a great marketing scheme to get people to switch to another institution that will have to go through the same issues banks went through before laws were written to prevent owners from playing TOO MUCH with your money.

Its not the banks job to teach or create fiscal responsibility.

Crypto currency is only as safe as the Miners that post and date stamp to the ledger. You are relying on the honesty and integrity of those that run the mines. I know a bitcoin miner, he and some partners have a room ....we'll call it a room its bigger than a room. Very complicated stuff. He is a good and very smart guy.

They have been mining bitcoin for about as long as you have been able. They don't do it for those that live paycheck to paycheck.

If we go digital we will see counterfeiting like we never have before. But, we won't be able to see it!!

Printing cash gets a helluva lot easier when all your doing is changing a decimal or adding a zero or two.

Scary AF

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw the avg. gdp in India is less than 2K a year.. Middle earners make between $10 and $50 dollars a day. India's middle class (population) is huge. 25% of the population is under poverty level. Low end middle class earns $3700 a year. India has a reasonable wage gap. Yet the rich are very rich and it brings up the nations GDP avg. as you can see by the yearly average there are also MILLIONS in India earning less than $5 a day.

A welfare recipient in the United States is Upper middle class in India. Go figure.

Apples...Oranges...and Mangos is what we are comparing.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not the banks job to teach or create fiscal responsibility.

While I agree with you on this point. I also think that because they manage the system, the house always wins. Things like unnecessary fee's for individuals who don't leave enough money in their accounts is a simple example of abusing the masses. One of my accounts requires $2k/mo in the account, or to spend $200/mo out of that account for example. Spend $200/mo easy right? Wrong. The majority of payments that I make from that account don't swipe the ATM card and don't count towards that total. Not the biggest deal, but there have been months where I was financially taxed and low in that account. I got pinged with a $20 "service fee" which then triggered a overdraft fee which I wasn't aware of because I hadn't overdrafted the account myself. That overdraft fee triggered another fee because it wasn't paid immediateley. When I finally checked my accounts the bank wanted several hundred dollars in fees because they had been doing me a favor and covering my overdrafts. How nice of them.

I have other examples of shittys ways banks treat customers with low capital but it's redundant. Bottom line is, there is a lot they do to chip away a few dollars here a fee there a charge there which adds up to millions if not billions of essentially stolen capital. And it's stolen from the bottom end of the income ladder and those individuals need that income the most.

Yes being financially responsible helps, and that is the responsibility of the customer. But the system is designed to take advantage of low income earners. And in the digital age it's very difficult to get along in life without a bank account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread