Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're in a unique period of time for sure.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing what happens when we kick out a communist and replace him with a real American. We are free again!

On the path to being free again is probably more of a realistic statement. Us poor guys in CA look to have many challenges ahead.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry Brown acts like he's running his own country instead of a state. Its a long road.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry Brown acts like he's running his own country instead of a state. Its a long road.

18-scott-pruitt.w710.h473.jpeg

EPA Administer in waiting Scott Pruitt

(BTW he was confirmed from committee today)

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kids, try to stay focused. We're all for stream protection. Kinda' like that one commercial. Frog protection? Yea fraud protection. ... mining "waste" sounds horrible. In the stream, really? You gotta be kidding.

Dirt. Dirt is what it is. Overburden. Now I haven't done my due diligence on this but I'll put $$$ on it.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kids, try to stay focused. We're all for stream protection. Kinda' like that one commercial. Frog protection? Yea fraud protection. ... mining "waste" sounds horrible. In the stream, really? You gotta be kidding.

Dirt. Dirt is what it is. Overburden. Now I haven't done my due diligence on this but I'll put $$$ on it.

I tend to agree. A happy medium sounds more reasonable. As furious as I am about the dredging and highbanking laws (bans) in CA, I also love boating/fishing/waterskiing/swimming in and drinking clean water. I'd like my children to be able to do the same. Hopefully "mining waste" doesn't include things like mercury and harmful chemicals.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be clear, the EPA has/had ruled that the rocks, gravel and silt are considered mining waste. The claim is since it has been ran through a sluice it is a processed material and therefore an issue. This is not about any "additions" to the tailings.

ratled

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm for clean water also. I don't see things changing to people polluting everything. The main thing that's gonna have a stop put to is all of the overreach.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bill is not just about "clean water" FYI.
It's really about expanding the "scope" of control of the EPA on what areas they will designate as "streams".
Under the current rule... ANY depression in the land that has occasional run off from rains could be considered a "stream".
Term they use is "intermittent streams".
And it's not about "dumping waste"... it's about possible run off from rains as well.
It's fairly complex and designed that way.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bill is not just about "clean water" FYI.
It's really about expanding the "scope" of control of the EPA on what areas they will designate as "streams".
Under the current rule... ANY depression in the land that has occasional run off from rains could be considered a "stream".
Term they use is "intermittent streams".
And it's not about "dumping waste"... it's about possible run off from rains as well.
It's fairly complex and designed that way.
Such as the furrows between the ridges in a plowed field.I kid you not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread