If you could prospect anywhere in the United States....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: If you could prospect anywhere in the United States....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Feb 2016
    58
    51 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    If you could prospect anywhere in the United States....

    Other than Alaska where would you go?

    I'm in a situation where around October I will have the money, no gf/wife and be out of my lease. I'm trying to start a 3d modeling(video game stuff) career which I can freelance anywhere. I will be using a highbanker with a bilge pump that can be operated off site in a tub or directly in the river/creek. Will be looking at public places or making deals with people that own claims/joining a mining group with multiple.

    I was thinking I could try some places east of Sacramento, but I'm having trouble narrowing down a specific place. Would run the highbanker in a tub the appropriate distance away. I also have a metal detector so I thought that area would be good for that also. Anyway if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to hearing them. I am able to go anywhere really within the lower 48.

  2. #2
    us
    Dec 2013
    Ca
    Whites mxt
    193
    281 times
    Prospecting
    California is the place, north and South American river in the open areas. Yankee jims, ponderosa, bear river, above folsom lake on south fork towards Coloma. All year long prospecting.
    Golden_Crab likes this.

  3. #3
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1,055
    1600 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yellowstone. There should be something there with all the rhyolite and all the hydrothermal activity bringing stuff up.
    bobw53 likes this.

  4. #4

    Mar 2016
    253
    182 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Yellowstone. There should be something there with all the rhyolite and all the hydrothermal activity bringing stuff up.

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

    Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson taken ten years ago)
    Minelab Explorer
    21,622
    16792 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Fort Knox.
    Don.......

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    14,713
    21188 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    Fort Knox.
    Don.......
    But Don, Fort Knox is empty! I know it because I read that on National Enquirer....
    russau and Mackaydon like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

    "'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

    The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

    The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

    The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

  7. #7
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
    5,974
    13047 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Yellowstone. There should be something there with all the rhyolite and all the hydrothermal activity bringing stuff up.
    not much gold around Yellowstone
    rodoconnor and Clay Diggins like this.

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    18,310
    27166 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by crumbaker View Post
    Other than Alaska where would you go?

    I'm in a situation where around October I will have the money, no gf/wife and be out of my lease. I'm trying to start a 3d modeling(video game stuff) career which I can freelance anywhere. I will be using a highbanker with a bilge pump that can be operated off site in a tub or directly in the river/creek. Will be looking at public places or making deals with people that own claims/joining a mining group with multiple.

    I was thinking I could try some places east of Sacramento, but I'm having trouble narrowing down a specific place. Would run the highbanker in a tub the appropriate distance away. I also have a metal detector so I thought that area would be good for that also. Anyway if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to hearing them. I am able to go anywhere really within the lower 48.
    Have you thought about hiring a guide? A knowledgeable and experienced miner that knows the area you want to hunt gold in is your best bet as far as actually finding some good gold. If you are more interested in adventure than gold, just do it. Be careful, have fun, and Big Gold to you!

  9. #9
    us
    Mar 2016
    Hawkeye State - Area 515
    Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
    1,547
    2367 times
    Gimme your jewels
    Looks like somebody beat me to the gold at Ft. Knox....so Ima go wit Donald Trumps gilded mansions!

  10. #10
    us
    Mar 2012
    1,419
    1644 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    not much gold around Yellowstone
    Yep,it's been washed into the Snake River.

  11. #11
    us
    Oct 2016
    SoCal
    X-Terra 705 Gold
    255
    345 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    CA all the way. Not only is it the closest too me it's most likely the richest gold bearing land in the country. Colorado also looks interesting too me but it's a tad too far for me to travel as I'd burn most of my time driving there and back. If we're talking legends also the Lost Dutchman mine or the infamous river of gold would be top contenders.
    Last edited by Kenmitch; Feb 03, 2017 at 09:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,951
    3902 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Yellowstone. There should be something there with all the rhyolite and all the hydrothermal activity bringing stuff up.
    LOL....good luck with THAT!
    Jim
    rodoconnor likes this.

  13. #13
    us
    Oct 2016
    Colorado, Littleton
    215
    579 times
    Prospecting
    I would look at Wyoming - Having read Dan Hausel's book on gold in Wyoming, and having traveled the state quite a bit, I believe that there is more potential to locate decent gold around some of the areas around the southern part of Wind River Range around South Pass greenstone belt, parts of Medicine Bow Mts, Owl Creek-Bridger Mts, Seminoe Mountains, and areas east of Yellowstone in Absaroka volcanic plateau. But for this summer, I am mapping areas along the Colorado Mineral Belt to explore.
    HardHatMatt likes this.

  14. #14

    Feb 2017
    17
    22 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I purchased a map of Arizona gold. There seem to be many places to visit but many of those areas are not permitted to access. I would love to have access to a stream/dry panning in AZ for one week

  15. #15
    us
    Oct 2016
    SoCal
    X-Terra 705 Gold
    255
    345 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by GLDPNR View Post
    I purchased a map of Arizona gold. There seem to be many places to visit but many of those areas are not permitted to access. I would love to have access to a stream/dry panning in AZ for one week
    Maybe join a club?

    Here's a list of them. AZ Clubs

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. SS United States...
    By dieselram94 in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 08, 2015, 11:06 PM
  2. United States Indiana?
    By diggyboy in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2015, 04:53 PM
  3. 2 United States Notes
    By davest in forum Paper Currencies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2010, 05:53 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0