Oroville Spillway Collapse

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
29 billion spent on housing, food, medical for illegals in california...

Cuts for infrastructure. They couldn't afford to fix it with all the illegal mouths to feed and house.
Good job libs, another fail.

I guess that explains the American Dream phrase I've heard all my life. I always envisioned it as something for us Americans. Over the years it's morphed from Dream of America into America Dream and is only for foreigners....Dangit! I really want my American Dream!

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/02/12/oroville-dam-spillway-expected-to-collapse/

The picture in question is right at the top. If you scroll down through the comments you see the same picture with the areas in question circled in red. You can click on the picture to blow it up.

The water level is well below those areas now, I don't think they will have an issue unless they can't control the water and it has to go over the e-spillway again. Then we won't know if those patched areas will hold or not. For now though the main spillway is holding even with that large flow of water going over it and the lake level is going down still. Of course it hasn't rained a lot here yet so we'll see how bad it will get when the storm really reaches us.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you all catch the part about dredge tailing being used in the construction of the dam?

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you all catch the part about dredge tailing being used in the construction of the dam?

Yep....Probably some decent gold in there. Maybe even big gold!

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe my wifes grandpa told me that a guy chased a nugget the size of his fist up the conveyor but it fell in the slurry before he could grab it. Not sure if its true but I wouldn't doubt it with the size of gold pulled out of this area.

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my take on this is: we've been busy running an empire instead of a nation since the second world war.
all empires fall..what goes up, must go down, as is the case with the water going over the broken Oroville dam spillway.

the state of Jefferson has been an ongoing thing since 1941...1941! from what I've seen of this "movement", it will still be talked about in 2041.

much as any of you might hate Guvnuh Moonbeam, he's balanced the state budget after Guvnuh Ahnold ran the bill up, and signed the so-called "moratorium" on dredging, I might add.

our politicians, Republican, Democrat, whatever have forgotten that they're public servants of us, not the other way around.

and speaking of dams and such, there's a new one being planned: the Centennial on the Bear River. another damn dam...not only am I opposed for mining reasons, this would be worse for the ecology of the region, more so than any "methyl mercury" that manages to float it's way downstream to SanFran, where it will cause more mutations among the mutants there already.

Last edited:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under Brown"s " leadership" he has accrued a TRILLION dollars deficit. Brave leadership .

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"much as any of you might hate Guvnuh Moonbeam, he's balanced the state budget after Guvnuh Ahnold ran the bill up, and signed the so-called "moratorium" on dredging, I might add."

This year Browns budget people are calling for a $1.6 billion deficit and the unfunded liabilities (mostly state pensions) amount to $241 billion (this assuming the rosy picture of 7.5% interest on investment).

Mike

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been raining non stop for about 14 hrs..with the Feather river catching everytime of it....Not good for the Dam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you use your pressure hose to flush all the cracks where gold might settle,...

16730545_10154453413092449_3305984997622085858_n.jpg

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
You may see my small town called Manteca on the news shortly. The levee south of town just breached, and the evacuation area ends 2 blocks from my house... It may be a long night! But I heard local farmers and construction crews have been helping to limit the breach..Hoping for the best!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may see my small town called Manteca on the news shortly. The levee south of town just breached, and the evacuation area ends 2 blocks from my house... It may be a long night! But I heard local farmers and construction crews have been helping to limit the breach..Hoping for the best!
Just saw that Courtney on the news. I think tomorrow is going to be a ruff day for California. I hope you and the family are safe!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread