Oroville Spillway Collapse

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be cool to walk the old town and buildings this summer

ratled

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
49 is closed in Nevada county between Newtown Rd. and Tyler Foote.
road is slipping down the side of the mountain. Caltrans was working on the same stretch all summer, wonder if there's a correlation?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats going to be a nice mess and rebuild. It's pretty far from the earth dam. Could tear up some more drainage to the north.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look for large nuggets while you are working on that rebuild! I suggest more re-bar, twice the thickness and go ahead and double the run for half the slope! That's a bunch of head as they say in the water biz!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going 100% out of control today by noon they predict as overflow and away it all goes...just be glad you don't live in Marysville/Oroville etc as 1997 was just a flood this is of monumental proportions. Offer help to all you know anyway you can as it ain't looking good for down streamers ??? John

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time to stake down some carpet runners...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worked in Yosemite in 97 when it was closed and boy what a mess. Dusting off my gold pan for this year.

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going 100% out of control today by noon they predict as overflow and away it all goes...just be glad you don't live in Marysville/Oroville etc as 1997 was just a flood this is of monumental proportions. Offer help to all you know anyway you can as it ain't looking good for down streamers ??? John

I'm working in that area the next 3 days... better bring my pan and sluice :dontknow:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gone over and a flowing like mad....danger danger below. &^%$ the fish as human life much more precious along with homes, jobs, business and infrastructures...John

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! Saw footage on the news this morning! HOLY CRAP! Run for the hills! And I thaught all we had to worry about is a Blizzard today. On the up side anybody got any sheets and Crisco?

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty crazy! Dang that bedrock is enticing looking....Suicide run most likely!

Water levels are getting up there!

Water level_2.PNG

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What could go wrong with a 700 foot wall of water being held back by tailings?

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in the motherlode,we had over 8.5" of rain from last Monday through Thursday, there is gravel piles everywhere from creeks flooding into the streets, so far I've collected 6, 5 gallon buckets with more to go, I'm hoping for lots of float gold, we'll see...I would really like to check the sediments from Oroville, I bet someone finds some awesome specimen later this summer.. of course it is CA so it will probably be off limits to all..On that subject, went to the GPAA show in Pleasenton yesterday, the guy who runs the AMRA had a very valid point, we are going to keep having our rights and access taken away as long as we stay quiet, the environmental lobby is strong, however if hundreds of people become activists ie;calling the politicians etc.. they may listen,as we all know that all these people care about is getting re-elected, for you facebook users,now is the time to speak up, for the rest of us, emails,phone calls etc will certainly not hurt.. if we dont act access to these areas (that include your legal mining claim)can and will be forbidden..This really goes for everything we hold dear. Its time for the non-left to start countering Soros's billions
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread