Fly poop -100

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so im being a bit crazy here.
Does anyone have a good system that catches -100 cons out in the field during production for the day?
Everyone wants pickers me incuded but the gold ground I have accessible is giving me flypoop .
Trying to find a good set up to not just blow the gold out the box.
I have no issue getting gold out of cons just problem keeping it the box to become my cons.
Wet or dry solution would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey dude, post fly poop and I'll look

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What sort of equipment are you using?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold hog mats if digging real world dirt or see below if only running -1/8 stuff

OP
OP
D

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hamfist , Currently have A51,a cali drop riffle, small highbanker,some conver mat same as goldcube plus misc stuff. Open to new equip ideas.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should catch it, but conditions control everything!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cali drop riffle blows out fine gold. Reed made a video about it. Miners moss in an a51 or highbanker will catch and hold -100. That is getting to the size that is hard to deal with without a two stage system.
The amount of - 100 in the material you are running is the most important part.

pcampbell

Feb 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As others have mentioned the only two things I have experience with that can catch -100 is Gold Hog matting in the right configuration or if you have the ability run a Gold Cube which was specifically designed for small flat gold.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reports on the cube all confirm that is a great piece of equipment but it also requires extreme pre-classification. Depending on what your feed source is like, gold hog mats may be a better choice since it requires little or no pre-classification other than say a grizzly on a high banker set up. That translates to running much more material in a day.:thumbsup:

Good luck.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Upgrade to Gold Hog mats and you will be much better off. -100 can be a bear to hold onto but Docs mats seem to work better than most on the really fine stuff. Even if the gold is only -100 keep in mind that (as long as you can catch it) it all adds up. As long as there is plenty of the small stuff to be had you're good.

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my other thread I just talked about using the Gold Hog Stream Sluice for the first time. I ended up having to us the "low flow mat" because the way the river was flowing. The middle of the river was flowing so fast that it was pushing the sides of the river out and slowing the flow down on the sides. The amount of -100 gold it caught was crazy. I have no experience with how the "regular" mat works with it, but the low flow mat definitely caught a whole bunch of -100.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you can use a power sluice an over-under box with expanded over Veranda carpet in the lower will catch flour gold. Move much more material with a nozzle.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hoser turned me on to Veranda carpet for my dredge some years back and I personally love its results. Now I just bought Gold Hog mats for my 2 inch Keene and for my 4 inch Keene dredges to see how much better it is. I haven't had either of my dredges out so far BUT it really looks VERY promising! I may need to have a lot of help getting the dredges in / out of the water and probly running it. signed :F.O.G and getting older!:dontknow:

OP
OP
D

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike,Goldwasher,pcampbell,arizau,goldenirishman,n01d3x, wildminer,russau
Thanks for the suggestions guys

T

Tuolumne

tuolumne county produces wire fly poop, I call it Tuolumne worm poop. It gets caught with everything else in my bazookas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread