Nary a Red

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So been out and about for a few days. Took the dogs with me .Misery is best found with company. Some good weather this year and I enjoy walking the rivers and taking notice of the changes. Do some sampling here and there.. The nights were cold but tolerable. Anyway found a little patch of dirt that struck me as odd . Sampled it out, spent the next two days finishing it off. Not rich yet but good enough I suppose.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM, your videos have become art pieces in themselves. Amazing and fun! I sure would love a voice over from you but that would lose the art aspect...hmm.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice load of gold. Amazing high water marks on the canyon walls. Now if you could just train those dogs to sniff out the gold for you? Relaxing video for sure as the rain pounds down here-John

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it wasn't really all that much pay dirt. But it has me a little stumped. The pay was only a couple inches above/on bedrock in blondish sand and quartz. The camera doesn't do it justice. 245 mark till about 310 in the vid is the best shot of the paydirt. Now what has me stumped is where the hell this dirt came from. It was just in that small corner area and I have yet to discover any other area that is similar. Nor can I find any more deposits of the quartz blondish sand layer. I dug some holes just to see if I can find any changes in the sediment. But alas everywhere I punched down I found not a trace of the blond. Anyway when I first saw it I thought of the Nary Red channel. I suppose its possible but I honestly doubt it. A stampmill or two are withen a mile of the area. Maybe they have something to do with this little deposit of blond. Ill figure it out or ill make something up I suppose. It was a nice little find regardless.
I appreciate the comments. hope everyone has a great year..

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Marshall,
That does seem to be an odd place for that blond sand to be (and to have gold in it). I saw the nail in the pan, were there any other trash like lead or fish weights or anything in that material?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread