Next Trump letter 2/17/16

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the next letter for President Trump. I plan to send in a new one every Friday and will post it here for all to see and hopefully follow up with additional support. I plan on building on the previous weeks letter and try and tell the saga we are all in.

This weeks theme is trying to show that scope of the number of miners it affects and that this isn't a CA or OR thing.

So please, read the letter, write your own letter and send it in. Please feel free to use any and all of mine. You can send your letters to
https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact#page

Please send in a letter

ratled

Donald J. Trump, President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Trump,

Eight years ago when the state of California last issued permits to the independent gold miners and prospectors there were over 3,000 permits issued. Since then the state has unlawfully expanded what now requires a permit in it’s “extraordinary permit scheme” that requires permits but refuses to issue any permits. This now affects an estimated 6,000 to 10,000 miners.

Seeing California reward it’s own bad behavior the state of Oregon has followed suit and adopted a similar schemes and is in the process of expanding that illegal permit scheme that would affect a similar number of miners. The states of Idaho and Washington have similar severe and expanding schemes.

These unfounded attacks upon the independent gold miners and prospectors are fueled by the extreme environmental movement that has no basis in factual science but only are based upon political ideology.

Ironically, in 2008 the state of Washington’s Department of Ecology awarded their annual Quick Silver Award to the miners for excellence for environmental stewardship for the mercury and lead they removed from rivers and creeks during their operations citing “they leave the water better than they found it”. These are the exact same operations they now seek to ban!

We respectively request you have Secretary Designate Zinke of the Department of Interior and newly appointed Administrator Pruitt of the Environmental Protection Agency work with us so we may present the issues at hand and provide the simple solutions to resolve these issues that constrain the miners. These solutions still maintain the mission and objectives of each of the Departments. We are simply asking for reasonable regulations on federal lands.

We are hard working Americans who once use to augment our incomes, fixed income retirees who need to supplement our needs through other than hand outs, and fulltime miners who are just trying to scratch out an existence in the rural American West were economic opportunities can be scarce.

We look forward to working with you to Make America Great Again and get the miners back to work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I appreciate your efforts and hard work in submitting your letters and truly hope they are rewarded.

Suggestions? "This is exact same operations they now seek to ban!" changed to, These are the exact same suggestions they now seek to ban!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your efforts and hard work in submitting your letters and truly hope they are rewarded.

Suggestions? "This is exact same operations they now seek to ban!" changed to, These are the exact same suggestions they now seek to ban!

All the best,

Lanny

"This is exact same operations they now seek to ban!" changed to "These are the exact same operations they now seek to ban!" in the OP

Thanks Lanny

ratled

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ratled: You make excellent, well thought out points in your letters. Only issue I have
is with the "delivery", in that your points could be better stated. "Effective Writing" is
something I have dedicated much time to, and with your permission (only) I'd like
to take what you have written and rearrange/re-write it into a letter that will have
greater impact on the reader.

Need to go downriver (30 mi. each way) and pick up some medicine for my wife,
and if you approve I'll have a go at it when I get back.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
For some reason (unbeknownst to me ) lately ,when I draft a comment to the Prez or any of his boards , as Im filling it out and type in my home phone OR cell number it turns it red and says "I need to include a current number" and that's what I did and redid and redid until I got fed up and realized that it must be some dam-o-crap on the other end of this darn computer I have! and there are times on this site that WONT let me LIKE certain posts OR at times I can post something and I see it uploaded on to the forum but when I come back its GONE! This is only on this site and to our Gubermint socalled representatives ! I again believe the dam-o-craps are responsible!:BangHead:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ratled, I'm sure you put the current date on the letter, as Donald Trump was candidate Trump in Feb.2016.
:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ratled, I'm sure you put the current date on the letter, as Donald Trump was candidate Trump in Feb.2016.
:icon_thumleft:
Oppsss you are correct, I did use 2017. Still haven't shaken that yet

ratled

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread