Bought paydirt on ebay 5 pounds only .12 grams, is this normal ?

GoldMine21

Feb 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought for the first time paydirt. It was 5 pounds of Whiskey Petes Gold on ebay. I paid $27.75 for the 5 pounds and was super excited. I expected to get at least 10 dollars worth in gold but I only had .12 grams of gold. I sluiced it and panned it about 10 times. I couldn't believe how little was in there. I know paydirt is for learning experiences, but is this normal for 5 pounds of paydirt for that price ? He has such good reviews I assumed it would be good dirt. Is .12 grams a lot for 5 pounds of paydirt bought online ? Can you recommend anyone that has better paydirt ? Like I said I know its for learning experiences, but I still expected a bit more than that, or is this normal ?

Upvote 0

pcampbell

Feb 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem solved.

TreasureNet is a private website with public access. Please post by TreasureNet rules all members agree to by posting.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time out time.

wrath.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem solved.

Be advised TreasureNet is a private owned website with public access. Please post by our rules that all members agree to by posting.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just sad tht $10 mystery bag wasn't really for sale!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sad part is at he was sharing good info on other threads. I feel like you all egged him on. How about next time we all just ignore any posts we think are bs..."don't feed the trolls".

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with Kevin (hit ignore and you too can be master of your own time as I've said before) but considering who threw the first egg and their motives...we all know where the blame lies. That and well, I just hate to see such good people waste precious time. But I'm an old fart so what do I know???

Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't we all just get along ; )
It's pretty easy to just ignore or scroll past someone's post. Like I always did with a certain sassy girls post.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that some people talk about gear and tech and method of operation...though they are literally pretending to be someone they are not.

A troll on a prospecting website is one of the weirdest things for me to imagine existing.

It's proven every so often. That they come here. I like to talk about sluicing, digging, researching etc.

Worrying about newbies getting bad info...wanting to argue about "weird" tips.....get caught up.

Well, before I realize that it is starting to smell like the underside of a bridge.

I'm just slow that way!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread