Question for Hoser about Canon Pass gold

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been many years ago. Grandpa used to farm there and we always found color. I would call The House of Treasure Hunters on El Cajon Blvd(sold our products for years)in SD for current info as much has been worked to death, housing built or now private. There was also a great club The San Diego Mineral and Gem Club. It's a bit farther but best I ever saw in that area was outside Ramona called the Ballena Placers south of Hi Way 78. Drywashed ,detected and got nice chunky pieces. Wish you luck-tons a au 2 u 2-John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I started my mining/prospecting on the Ballena Placer deposits John. They ran right thru the town I grew up in which just happened to be Ramona. We traced them from the desert areas in Mexico all the way to the coast near La Jolla. I even know some guys that found gold from them while digging the footings for foundations on some of those expensive homes on the coast. The shift of the land over many millennia had broken them up to some extent but the gold is still there. If you fly over the area you can see exactly where they run because the vegetation is very stunted due to all the cobbles in the soil.

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John, but I was asking about Cajon Creek, right off of old Route 66, and right off of the 15 freeway.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD that area was originally a Mormon settlement , I'm sure because of the gold. They did a pretty good job of extracting the gold there. I'm sure they were very guarded about the success they were having .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread