Brazilian Gold?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, maybe it's real. It very well could be but my gut says somethings up. I've never heard much about Brazil as far as gold production and history, but unless you live under a rock, you know South America has big time gold.

The question is this: If the video is real, why would they be destroying the specimens? Pretty sure axe marks hurt the value on Ebay. lol

If they were trying to melt, why would they be trying to "chip off" the quartz? Just crush it man lol...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=443878889133985&id=357045264484015

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't do fb, so...
but years ago I watched a PBS story on gold mining in Brasil.
there was some placer channel that the government there allowed 1 meter square claims...they'd carry sacks of gravel 40-50 ft. up a rickety home built ladder, dump them into a pile and split the proceeds after it was run on a stream.
one guy in particular had an interesting story: he dreamt his daughter was covered in uh...feces and he was getting it off her.
the next morning he showed up at his claim wearing his sunday best, while everyone else was pointing and laughing at him.
he rolled up his sleeves, and pulled a 22 lb. nug out of the ground. says the dream was what told him. <go figger>
not making this up, the PBS video had to be well over 20 years ago. yes, there's plenty of gold in Brasil and likely all the countries in South America.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I've watched some interesting things about mining in Brazil and Africa, and I've posted some videos before. From those posts others informed me that in those jungle or desert cooperatives, sometimes they're operating illegally, without licenses, mining on closed land, etc. and it's a way to make the gold more anonymous. Moreover, I've also been told that in those cooperatives, the last thing on their minds is the value of any specimens as they'd be far too hard to sell or move in that condition. Plus, there's no issue with wondering if anyone is ever going to get their share. In addition, the people are in a hurry to get their share for various reasons, and cutting it up with a hatchet or a chisel is the fastest way to divide the gold up.

I posted some videos of monster nuggets found with detectors in Africa where they were chopping them up with hatchets and cutting them with chisels, and it made no sense to me at all why someone would ruin something of so much greater value if left as a whole nugget, that is, until I was informed of the very different conditions and values as to how people in other countries view their share of the gold and deal with their trust issues.

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what, they don't have Ebay in Brazil? lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always carry a hatchet so you can hack your specimens!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread