The struggle is real

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1488384688455.jpg
    1488384688455.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you say ice gold...errr ice cold.:laughing7:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
How 's it going? I have been away for a while on here. The warm weather is just around the corner. I have friend that bought a cabin 8 miles east of Georgetown that has a creek with bedrock. I pointed it out to him as he doesn't prospect. I am waiting or chompin' at the bit for the weather to subside long enough to do some metal detecting and sniping. With all the rains it should hopefully produce something there. I'll let you know. This very well could be an amazing summer.

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get a metal tub and stick a torch under it?

Actually a really smart idea as long as you take into account the fire hazard lol. We all know warm water decreases the surface tension, AND its nice on cold days, stick a propane or hell, a small can stove(I have a https://www.solostove.com/, works great after making a couple of my own) and warm that water up :thumbsup:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
went to the desert tues,70 no wind,good days are here,yea, brad

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Just looked at our LONG term weather report... they say we aren't supposed to see the sixties till June����������������

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well its been in the 60 / 70 degree range off and on for a couple of weeks here and I couldn't get anyone to go with me to try out my 4 inch dredge since I installed my Gold Hog mats. Now I have a offer to sell it to someone that I know will get it out! HMMM??? it must have been the garlic!!:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon break the ice! It's not that cold! LOL! Here's cold! View attachment 1421248 [/QUO

Yea that's close to how my creek feels in Dec,. Jan. The angle of the canyon where I have been digging is in the shade most of the day. The high water has been way more of an issue than the temperature.

We have a 30 to 40 degree temp swing daily right now. Don't need to heat the tub. By the time I need it when I get home I'm in a t shirt. The cons frozen ito the pan did require some warm water for liberation.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like we have the same type of area. We don't get much sun and the water from our snow melt was rather rapid. The temps last two weeks had been 50's-60's. Today thru Sunday mid 20's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread