MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sharing a GPAA post by John Dorval

New Hampshire HB 591 An act relative to suction dredging in the surface waters of the state. [Bill Text] introduced by Rep Lee Oxenham.

This bill will prohibit the use of suction dredges, highbankers and rockerboxes in the state of New Hampshire. This bill has already passed the house vote and has been referred to the senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. There is yet to be a public hearing, the date has not been determined. I called the Aide to the committee yesterday and was informed that they want to go through the senate bills before getting into the house bills, this could be several business days it could be a week or a little more, what ever it may be it seems they want to move fast on it.

You can read the news article from the Concord Monitor here: Bill would halt dredging machinery in N.H. gold prospecting just copy and paste the link into your web browser to read it, warning it is full of BS.

Please contact the committee members and inform them that you oppose this bill and why. inform them that there have been scientific studies and reports performed on suction dredging and that they need to review this information before making a decision on this legislation. All legislation should be based on facts that are available. Not seeking out the facts on a matter is an injustice to the people of the state of New Hampshire. Below you will find a list of the committee members, please contact them.

NH Energy & Natural Resources Committee Members

Chairman: Senator Kevin Avard

Contact Information:
State House, Room 105-A
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301

Phone: 603-271-4151

Email: [email protected]

Vice Chairman: Senator Jeb Bradley

Contact Information:
State House, Room 302
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-2609

Senator Dan Innis

Contact Information:
State House, Room 115
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3077; cell: 603-285-1150
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]

Senator Martha Fuller Clark

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building, Room 102-A
33 North State Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3092

Senator Dan Feltes

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building 101-A 33 N State St
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3067

Aide:Griffin Roberge

Phone:271-2878

Upvote 0

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was done in Maine. There is more public land. But they fought the same battle. And can dredge some of the year. And can sluice most of the year.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Claydiggins

Thanks for the clarification on that. WOW that is worse than I thought too. I guess if your a miner that likes working NH you'd better have a 30 second spiel on the multiple benefits of dredging for when anyone gets within three feet of you. I hope it works out better for you guys out there than it did for us here.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488887529.221024.jpg This is the action I took 3 years ago here in Mane when they came after us. And a Maine State Representative who did not support our position actually had the audacity to call me and tell me I was not playing fairly. But it did get people's attention and I believe helped keep things from getting worse. To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1423739 This is the action I took 3 years ago here in Mane when they came after us. And a Maine State Representative who did not support our position actually had the audacity to call me and tell me I was not playing fairly. But it did get people's attention and I believe helped keep things from getting worse. To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I know that the woman that owned Burt's Bee company did that also. A couple of guy's I knew from that area were telling me that she had to go to different towns for food and other neccessities she was receiving death threats. As she cut people off from their own properties accessed by roads that passed over her property

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mad Jack from the tv show Cold Gold was very active in the last round of fights over NH dredging. He was a member here for years, maybe he still has the prior logic utilized or can assist? John

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John. We have a local TV show called NH chronicle it's seen by the whole state every night. I thought now this is just an idea. I'm thinking about contacting them about doing a story on prospecting in NH they usually go on location to do a story. Maybe we can all get together and show the good that we do not the bad. Also bring up the economic impact that it has in the north country. We do have campgrounds, restaraunts. the list goes on. Like I said it's just an idea we need a little more organization to pull it off but it is a great way to get the word out.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
nh.nugget, the only reason I have a timeshare condo in Lincoln is to go prospecting on the Baker, Wild, and Tunnel Brook. You can feel free to use my name: Roy C. Gutfinski, Pittston, Maine.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's it! If we can get organized with one of the campgrounds I know, there are a lot of families that come down kind of make a family day?

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
Get the people who run Twin River Campground involved. They are members of an association of NH outdoor businesses and camps. Also, motel and restaurant associations as many prospectors eat and stay overnight at motels, etc. You have to pull out all the stops and do it yesterday and not tomorrow.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been busy and have avoided this thread because it makes me sick that we (prospectors) have been singled out as such a disaster to the environment...when in fact those of us that are responsible prospectors, leave it better than we found it. Doesn't even matter we (and others) can prove it...since that school of thought has been thoroughly ignored and therefore is/has been a complete failure here in CA....I'm afraid I can't offer more than a good luck NH and you have my deepest sympathies.

As you all know, I live in CA and I can only offer up what I have observed. :'(

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the people who run Twin River Campground involved. They are members of an association of NH outdoor businesses and camps. Also, motel and restaurant associations as many prospectors eat and stay overnight at motels, etc. You have to pull out all the stops and do it yesterday and not tomorrow.

That's the idea I was thinking of I know them personally

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is going to be hard to fight. First of all there are very few prospectors that live in n.h. And also there are no prospecting associations. Which would make organizing a fight much easier. A lot of the dredgers are from out of state.And possibly could get a prospecting group. Or groups to help. Also There is basicly one stream where most of the Dredging is done. This only impacts that one stream. And basicly one mile of that river. That rest is all privite or National forest. I think they would have to come up with a better reason. How one stream can effect all the streams in N.H. because of dredging. But they like to slide things under the rader.Possibly get one or more of the more important people in the legislature. On our side.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to get some out of staters to come if this happens just to prove to this enviro-nazi that it doesn't affect tourism as she claims but helps it! Even though I live here I feel that when I'm up north I'm a tourist it's a 2hr ride for me . I put money into the local economy up there as well as people from other states.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I come up from New Jersey to dredge in the Wild AM, nh.nugget. Last year I was up 3 times; there's probably a way to calculate how much I added to the local / NH economy.
Keep us all informed as to your plans and if I can make the timing work, I'd be happy to come up.
- Brian

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I always welcome curious people on the streams, showing them what we do, let them do some panning, and have made many friends over the years. Even though I live in Maine, I have been an ambassador of good will for NH.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you all the luck nh. nugget as the more noise made the better off you are. Kudos for your efforts against the cold insane bureaunutz, it seems now that everyone everywhere is fighting the anti mining insanity :skullflag:-John

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is taking point on this fight please have them contact me. I am currently working on our own bill in Maine to battle what happened here 2 years ago. Be glad to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread