MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sharing a GPAA post by John Dorval

New Hampshire HB 591 An act relative to suction dredging in the surface waters of the state. [Bill Text] introduced by Rep Lee Oxenham.

This bill will prohibit the use of suction dredges, highbankers and rockerboxes in the state of New Hampshire. This bill has already passed the house vote and has been referred to the senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. There is yet to be a public hearing, the date has not been determined. I called the Aide to the committee yesterday and was informed that they want to go through the senate bills before getting into the house bills, this could be several business days it could be a week or a little more, what ever it may be it seems they want to move fast on it.

You can read the news article from the Concord Monitor here: Bill would halt dredging machinery in N.H. gold prospecting just copy and paste the link into your web browser to read it, warning it is full of BS.

Please contact the committee members and inform them that you oppose this bill and why. inform them that there have been scientific studies and reports performed on suction dredging and that they need to review this information before making a decision on this legislation. All legislation should be based on facts that are available. Not seeking out the facts on a matter is an injustice to the people of the state of New Hampshire. Below you will find a list of the committee members, please contact them.

NH Energy & Natural Resources Committee Members

Chairman: Senator Kevin Avard

Contact Information:
State House, Room 105-A
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301

Phone: 603-271-4151

Email: [email protected]

Vice Chairman: Senator Jeb Bradley

Contact Information:
State House, Room 302
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-2609

Senator Dan Innis

Contact Information:
State House, Room 115
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3077; cell: 603-285-1150
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]

Senator Martha Fuller Clark

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building, Room 102-A
33 North State Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3092

Senator Dan Feltes

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building 101-A 33 N State St
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3067

Aide:Griffin Roberge

Phone:271-2878

Upvote 0

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AGP! I got your back! I too have read the article it is all crap. a lot of quotes from the FS that is out dated some stuff from DES that is taken out of context and I wrote to Mr. Brooks explained the other side of the story haven't heard anything yet even invited them to a day on the river. That sen. oxenham by looking at her facebook page is an enviro-nazi!!! She makes it sound personal by saying it's noisy and messy among other things. We need to take Concord by storm!! I tried contacting the New England prospectors no one has accepted my request yet. I might have an ace in the hole? I'm disabled I need a high banker/ power sluice to mine can't bend over for any length of time due to disability. Ever hear of the American's with disabilities act? Let me know on hearing dates I will be there!!!!

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
New Hampshire residents: While you were not paying attention, they came into your state and now run things. Very sad because they will likely get what they want.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I have come to the conclusion that a lot of it is pure jealousy. They think we prospectors are making all kinds of money yet not contributing in the form of registration fees as are snow machines, ATV''s, and motorboats.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots and lots of people fish and hunt in NH very few pan for gold and fewer still have a dredge, sadly this will probably make it through theres just not much opposition.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about us NH people we or I 'm not AFRAID to stand up to the government whether it be state or local. Been there done that and won! If we just give up they will win. Not on my watch! I am the squeeky wheel I'm in the process of gathering ammunition so when it does come up for public input I will be armed! Besides who's going to enforce it? Fish and game we only have a hand full for the whole state in the summer months they flock to the lakes to deal with boaters. I'm drafting a letter to send to ALL of the senators and reps. It kills me they whine about a little sediment that comes out of the river and goes back in but say nothing about the damage done by snow mobiles and groomers taking the bark off the trees chewing up the ground to get that one last ride. I was a snow-mobiler I have seen it first hand but that's ok! I for one will continue to prospect for gold this is the LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE!!!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
And then there are the ATV's tearing up the forest floor making ruts. When it rains where does it go? Into the ruts causing washouts. And where does the muddy water go? You guessed it,Into the streams, but that's OK.

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have come to the conclusion that a lot of it is pure jealousy. They think we prospectors are making all kinds of money yet not contributing in the form of registration fees as are snow machines, ATV''s, and motorboats.
I just wanted to point out the agenda that gets these insane proposals in front of lawmakers. It's the environmental groups (someone above mentioned Trout Unlimited) to garner donations...nothing more. They've learned from what has happened out West that they can manipulate an uninformed public to sympathize with the horrors that miners wreak on waterways, and get more donations to fight the environmental travesty they claim is going on.

These well-funded groups can then hire "biologists" to perform studies that get slanted towards the agenda that funds them, and lawyers to defend a lie (lawyers defending liars -- who woulda thunk?).

Make sure when preparing any kind of rebuttal that you make people aware of this conflict of interest. You're most likely not going to win this war presenting the truth alone...what's going to tip the scale is exposing the lies intended to sway public opinion. Make people outraged that someone is trying to manipulate them for money.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the typical mumbo jumbo political stuff. Myself pictures speak a thousand words. And yes inconsistences in writing helps.

IdahoGoldGettR

Mar 13, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Apparently this Sen. Oxenham has never witnessed a Spring run off or a blow out that turns a typical river into a thick chocolate stream. Mother Nature herself causes more disturbance to a river in a single blow out than all the dredgers in the U.S. combined. Yet "She" is never held accountable. Another agenda to line their own pockets at the expense of blue collar

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should check out her facebook page. That's all I'm sayin!

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And then there are the ATV's tearing up the forest floor making ruts. When it rains where does it go? Into the ruts causing washouts. And where does the muddy water go? You guessed it,Into the streams, but that's OK.

yes a little muddy water is ok..i would'nt start the "one user group vs the other user group" -game because thats what the wackos want.Theyre end goal is to ban free human activities in "theyre" nature and the blaming game among us is very appreciated by them.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everything I read in this thread is like what happened in California. If your thought is don't worry we have truth on our side then get ready for a lot of panning. Join the letter writing campaign to Pres Trump to overturn the California ban. It's in another thread on this site. Good Luck.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe theres more. To this then an enviroment issue. I think the big mineing companys are funding. These enviro nuts so they can fill all there pockets. I don"t see the big mining companys helping the small miners. Nor do i sees these enviro nuts doing anything. To solve these problems they make up storys about. Why are they not out sleeping with the frogs.And turtles they want to protect. I say they really don"t care. Its for one reason only money. And i don"t believe any of the money they recieve. Protects anything it all goes to there salary"s. My thoughts and my thoughts only.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everything I read in this thread is like what happened in California. If your thought is don't worry we have truth on our side then get ready for a lot of panning. Join the letter writing campaign to Pres Trump to overturn the California ban. It's in another thread on this site. Good Luck.
Very different than California Joe.

California is a public land state with mining claims and Public lands open to location and mining. Those mining claimants have a granted right to the minerals under federal law.

New Hampshire has no public lands at all, no mining claims and no mining except with State and local government permission. If people want to dredge in New Hampshire they are going to have to influence all the government agencies involved and have permission from the owner to work the private lands.

The fact that California wants to believe that they aren't subject to the laws of the public lands is what Californians need to correct. They have the Federal Courts to assist them. Californians only have to convince one judge.

New Hampshire can make all the laws they want about mining in the State and no Federal Court can help the prospectors there. Prospectors in New Hampshire are going to have to convince a good percentage of the voters there. New Hampshire has 1.3 million people to convince.

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread