Senate revokes Obama federal land-planning rule

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since federal mining rights are on federally managed public lands I thought I would pass this on

ratled

Senate revokes Obama federal land-planning rule - One America News Network

The U.S. Senate on Tuesday revoked a rule that aimed to give the public more input into federal land management decisions, the latest move by the Republican-led Congress to undo Obama administration environmental regulations it sees as a burden.

Upvote 0

mpgken

Oct 3, 2016
Montana in winter and Yukon in summer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't read the article but from your description I have to say taking away the people's voice from what the feds want to do is a step backwards. How can you say this is a good thing???? The people own the land not the feds. The people created the feds and ultimately rule over the feds. So taking away the rights of the people is wrong.

mpgken

Oct 3, 2016
Montana in winter and Yukon in summer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read it and still, taking away the rights of the people is wrong.

But now that the Senate has done their part the house will have to do theirs as well. Another problem with this is that if this passes the BLM won't ever be able to enact a rule allowing the voice of the people to be heard. Which means they can do whatever they want without consent of the people!

How is this a good thing?

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What rights? What liberty? I can't use my federal mining rights on my federal mining claim and haven't been for 8 years. NOT GOOD

The environmental over reach is out of control and the scorched earth the last administration did in the name of environmental over reach on it's way out is beyond sad. Sorry, this is a good thing to gold miners.

Yes I have seen that Zinke may not be the guy we had all hoped for and a puppet but at least he has a new puppet master. Given the way things were going and the way things are going I'll take now.

BTW,who is going to force them to do anything...... and more importantly, what are YOU doing to suppress all the evil that abounds

ratled

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quote removed for rule violation on politics

What's this does is take away the voice of someone in Oregon over the decisions made for Arizona. Instead of a bunch of ecofreaks from Oregon, that will probably never visit Arizona, deciding what lands we can or cannot use, this goes back to where local input has more weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also under this there were several BLM Secretarial orders that are being challenged as they change the direction of land management without the required NEPA analysis which is a no no. I have a feeling that this is going to go further than we thought.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just read it and still, taking away the rights of the people is wrong.

But now that the Senate has done their part the house will have to do theirs as well. Another problem with this is that if this passes the BLM won't ever be able to enact a rule allowing the voice of the people to be heard. Which means they can do whatever they want without consent of the people!

How is this a good thing?

One must give consideration to the meaning of "Public Lands"! Then one MUST understand the intent of Congress in passing the laws that are designed to follow the will of the people who represent the ownership of those public lands. When one studies how ACTs (Laws) are made and delegated for implementation one begins to see how that process has fallen prey to the abuse of agencies assigned the task. Congress fails to "oversee" the agency implementation ( and sometimes even attempts to correct the agency abuse...without results), and the agencies then take on a role of LAW Makers themselves. That was never the intent of Congress. Agency implementation is not directly derived from an elected agency Secretary, but rather an appointed position by a President. Once that is understood it becomes obvious that agency implementations are political in nature.

Taking away the rights of the people can be construed in many ways in todays political overreach. To deny the political aspect of agency policy is a denial of the correct application of Law. BLM and USFS make no laws and they can not even give lawful advice. BLM and USFS are agencies that should obey the laws that our Congress passes. Congress is supposed to represent the people...not the BLM or USFS. Read the purpose and scope for both the USFS and BLM and then you may begin to understand the errors of the agency abuse.
http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/Publications/1905_Use_Book/1905_use_book.pdf

Bejay

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted. Please remember our rule on politics, political comments not directly related to treasure hunting are not allowed, bashing of either party is not allowed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread