Last Saturday

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I was goin to be prospecting for a few days but the rain kinda put me off so I spent Friday and Saturday out and about. Saturday I met a couple of guys to take them out prospecting with me.. Other then my brother I rarely entertain the notion of bringing people out. But every so often I get roped in. Usually I kill them with the hike.. Anyway it rained off and on all day Saturday and we toughed it out for about 4-5 hours of prospecting and maybe about 3-4 hiking total. And overall the day turned out well. I enjoyed myself and it was kinda fun remembering on getting that excited over finding gold. I just don't really get that excited anymore over it.. But it was nice remembering those days.. Eric found a nice 1.1g piece and the other dude found a half gram picker.. Anyway the one guy made a vid so I figured I would share it.

Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For sure one of the shortest and best gold videos ever! Love the beginning. Large rig + tiny road= a bunch of puckered up :censored:. Fun when you're young :) It was like a day when you all go fishing at your buddies secret fishing hole and not only limit out, but most are trophies! VG! LOVE IT! Thanks!

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM,
I've not seen that bridge in a long time!! Makes my heart go pitter patter faster!! WAY Cool, thanks for sharing! Basically the video at the bridge shows where we put in for the start of our rafting trips that would end at the 2nd Colfax bridge over the NFAR. Lots of memories there for me though the road in nor the rotted small wooden bridge over the creek do not look familiar, then again in 50 years I've not been every where..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM,
I've not seen that bridge in a long time!! Makes my heart go pitter patter faster!! WAY Cool, thanks for sharing! Basically the video at the bridge shows where we put in for the start of our rafting trips that would end at the 2nd Colfax bridge over the NFAR. Lots of memories there for me though the road in nor the rotted small wooden bridge over the creek do not look familiar, then again in 50 years I've not been every where..............63bkpkr
i took them the scenic route thru nfnf. just another trail off of the RH mine road that leads to my claim. figured they enjoy the history the area and cut off some of the walk up for them. took ditch line on nfnf to Euchre bridge from my claim to public lands . i actually wanted to go elsewhere for the day. up from bridge. but alas they wanted to get right to digging. so next to the bridge we stayed. anyway i hope your trip to the NFA this year is a good one.. water is still high and working/walking river edge is still kinda dangerous

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread