Oregon SB 3 heads up !

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Letters of Support still needed

they no longer accept testimony but you can still send emails to the members of the committee.
Senate Bill 3 overview

committee members;
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
chief sponsor; Peter Courtney pushing this in memory Alan Bates
[email protected]

How many placer mining claims would be in the SB3 mining ban 80-90%?
Some rural folks will never own a house or land, a mining claim is property
For some this is the American Dream, for some this is a way of life,
to take away the right to mine, would adversely affect people’s lives. SB 3 as a memorial,
to take away something people love to do and make their claims worthless is a disservice. (have to be civil)

You can testify in person or send testimony for SB 644 it is up for a public hearing on the 30th its the companion to HB 2106
removes the exclusion certificate for any amount of excavation for off-stream gold mining & lifts the moratorium for claim owners
put bill number, your name and address, in PDF format to [email protected]
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Measures/Overview/SB644

read testimony here for ideas;
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Measures/Overview/HB2106

(online PDF converter)

Last edited:

Sam_at_Armadillo

Oct 1, 2016
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again... i am gonna put my self out there and post my letter.
You are more than welcome to cut and paste and use as you like.
Not that it is great writting, more to the point any knuckle head can do it. (Thats ME)
:-)
Just send more letters...they are listening. We have talked to them.
Overwhelming input could do the job!

committee members;
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please and Thank You.

Dear Senator,
I am writing to request you vote no on Senate Bill 3.
I am a 5th generation Oregonian. I also work a long standing mining supply shop here in Southern Oregon. Your vote on this bill will have a direct effect on my job. It will make or break my ability to support myself in the state that I love. I have supported my daughter in this wonderful place and she chose to continue her college education in Oregon. We want to thrive here.
Data Collected by the USFS DEIS in 2001 has shown this to be a $17 million industry. We need these resources here in Oregon. We are out sourcing most of our basic needs and specifically our military resources to other countries. We should not be dependent on gold, silver, platinum, chromium, and rare earth metals from other countries. There is a need in this country and Oregon should be utilizing the VALUBLE resources that it has. The short fall in the Oregon budget DEMANDS that you not remove MORE of our state revenue.
Please vote NO on SB3
Thank you,
Samantha Everett
Josephine County

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG attack after attack again and again...why don't these fools and do their real jobs and quit stuffing pockets full enviro cash....fight on-I lost one to "SEGREGATION" but FS gave up on the other. respect -John

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please send comments

we need help :help:
please send comments and opposition to SB3
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Measures/Overview/SB3
there is a work session on the 27th at 3:00pm HR C

committee members;
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

they are already up to amendment 8 and have posted it online, it does repeal the moratorium on non-ESH streams
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/ProposedAmendment/9563
better than it was but still no mining on a claim in ESH there would also be a 4" dredge limit on all waters
and changed 4" nozzle to 4" hose a lot of people have already necked down their 5" and 6" dredges to work in ESH
I have $3000 invested in my 5 inch and if this passes wont be able to use it on non-ESH streams?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's hard to stop my blood from boiling! Why only a 4" hose if you are restricted at the nozzle to 4". The only thing I can see is they are attempting to make mining cost prohibitive. I have thousands of dollars worth of equipment sitting idle already because of these stupid rulings. I know I'm not alone.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the goal is to say they are "allowing" you to dredge, but to make the yardage so limited that the wages you can move make it pointless to dredge under current standards. If you're dredging for minimum wage, why bother.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sure the goal is to say they are "allowing" you to dredge, but to make the yardage so limited that the wages you can move make it pointless to dredge under current standards. If you're dredging for minimum wage, why bother.

Allowing to dredge has a lot of meaning. Just on non-ESH might appease some but it defeats the battle of infuriating all miners in Oregon. The State can easily be defeated if one recognizes the flaw in the State Law....and it has nothing to do with mining!

The word "motorized" defeats their "closure cause"....IMHO. If one forgets mining and focuses on how the law targets one set of motorized users and allows many others the right to use motors on ESH and other drainages then the battle has already been decided by the Supreme Court of the United States. Government can not allow one to do what another can not! How many motor boats are used on ESH rivers? How many water pumps are used on ESH rivers? How many USFS and State campgrounds are within very close proximity and alongside ESH rivers? The motorized use of things along ESH rivers is endless. Heck...parking your rig alongside a ESH river/stream is a motorized thing! It is endless.

Nothing to do with mining at all.....the issue of motorized is the key to defeating the mining ban disallowing motors and only allowing hand tools.

I honestly can not understand why some of the mining entities currently fighting this battle don't jump on board this battlewagon. I have contacted many but everyone wants to focus on battling with the mining itself.

Bejay

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am getting close to being old enough to apply for Medicare part G.
You haven't heard of that?...... Well here it is.
While this is not strictly related to mining it does relate to life in general.
Medicare Part G

If you are an
older senior citizen and can no longer take care of yourself and need Long-Term
Care, but the government says there is no Nursing Home care available for you,
what do you do?

You may opt for Medicare
Part G.

The plan gives anyone 75
or older a gun (Part G) and one bullet. You may then shoot one worthless
politician. This means you will be sent to prison for the rest of your life
where you will receive three meals a day, a roof over your head, central
heating and air conditioning, cable TV, a library, and all the health care you
need. Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? That's
great. Need a hearing aid, new hip, knees, kidney, lungs, sex change, or
heart? They are all covered!

As an added bonus, your
kids can come and visit you at least as often as they do now!

And, who will be paying
for all of this? The same government that just told you they can't afford
for you to go into a nursing home.

And you will get rid of
a useless politician while you are at it.

And now, because you are
a prisoner, you don't have to pay any more income taxes!

Is this a great country
or what?

Now that you have solved
your senior Long-Term Care problem, enjoy the rest of your week!

Dagwood

Apr 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If sb-3 isn't bad enough, has anybody heard anything about a new BLM travel management plan for Southwest Oregon that is also highly restrictive?

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I posted this on the new49er site but I'll past it here:

What a difference a day makes....do they (obviously) pull these figures out of a very dark spot or what. For some time now I've been tracking the money that DEQ received from additional dredge fee's a few years back. This money (total of $300 per each permit for two years)was for research into the effects of dredging..but you guessed it. They somehow just up and did what they wanted to with it...absolutely nothing. Now they are wanting to hire a new full time employee to cover all the permit matters and as near as I can tell at about $100,000 a year.
Now if you want to just kick back and have one of those shake your head kinda days compare these two amendments to the latest and greatest motorized mining bill ( SB 3 ) up for this year. Like the header say's "What a difference a day makes".

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureAnalysisDocument/35611

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureAnalysisDocument/35729

I no longer worry about this cr ap cause:
#1: I take my meds
#2: I've come to grips that politcos' do whatever THEY want
#3: I could stand naked with my hair on fire on the Capitals steps with a sign around my neck saying "GOLD MINER" and nobody would notice
#4: I still live off the grid and hopefully still not found
[2 edits; Last edit by mendoAu at Sun Apr 9 2017 05:33:51]

---
Living off the grid..hoping not to be found

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread