Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never dreamed I would have to do this, but it is with a broken heart that I must tell you that my buddy, the "other" Jeff..."goldenIrishman" passed away in his sleep last night from a heart attack. He was 59, a great friend, mentor and my BEST phone buddy. He spent hours upon hours on the phone with me while he tried to teach me everything he knew about maps (tons) and Land Matters use. He and Jan were planning on coming out to our place this summer. Anyone else who was close to Jeff in friendship and his location, feel free to PM me as Jan could use some of our help at some time in the future.
God Bless you Jeff. You are already missed. :angel7: :4leafclover:

I know this kind of thing is awkward, especially for me, but I feel if you hit "like" you're liking the man and his many contributions... and not his passing. OK?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just hope he doesn't start mining the streets of heaven! They're supposed to be gold hammered as fine as glass.

So hopefully he found his real gold!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BTW. Thanks for all the likes. He really did "like" the feedback and it's the very least that I can do for him right now. Ya know he's smiling...and knows exactly where the pay streak is running. :icon_thumleft:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tough news indeed. I'm glad he got to live his dreams before his early passing.

When the time comes to help Jan, I'd be happy to pitch in. It's a bit of a drive but my wife was quick to say she'd do the drive with me :)

Jeff, I'll PM you details...

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff sorry to hear of your friend. I could tell by your TNET banter that you two were good buddies. He always had a great take on whatever the subject was and I enjoyed reading about what was going on with him and his thoughts on things. Our time is always shorter than it should be and may we all remember him and to make sure everyday is a full one.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Condolences to his family -- very knowledgeable poster on here and a sad day for sure.
He will be missed, he was a great contributor to this forum.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Mike. Ya know...it's been nine hours since I heard and still it has me short of breath. I didn't even realize he was my best friend...till I lost him. sadsmiley:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow Jeff, I'm sure sorry to hear of your friend and our fellow prospector passing so young.
You and us will keep fond memories of him.
Mike

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear this. May God Bless and comfort you and his family. Until you meet again...

pcampbell

Feb 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about Jeff. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RIP especially at 57 wow too young. It's not really the age but the footprint you leave and those whose lives you have enhanced along this crazy road of life. We are diminished for sure-John

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That really is a tough one, so sorry to hear about his passing. He really did have a lot of good contributions and was always helpful.

May his pans be heavy in those golden streams above . . .

All the best,

Lanny

cshirsch

Apr 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff and I were close friends and mining buddies. I will surely miss him. jefftux.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's probably digging those "golden" sunsets already. Tnx 4 the post. Terry

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This made me sad.

Jeff was the first person I communicated with after I joined TNet. That was my choice and I have never regretted it. I always found him to be an intelligent, inquisitive and helpful person. He was literally full of life and adventure and he always tried his best to help other miners to find their place.

I will remember Jeff as a friend to all miners.

So long Jeff, you had a good ride and shared it well. You will be missed by myself and many others. Not many men leave a public legacy such as yours. Thank you for sharing yourself so freely. See you on the other side buddy.

Heavy Heart
Barry

drywAUsher

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2014
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow such sad news. Met Golden Irishman Jeff several times down in the Greaterville area outside of Tucson before he moved up north. A real gentleman. The gold prospecting community has truly lost one of our own.
Ted

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So sorry to hear about goldenIrishman - our thoughts are with you, his friends, and family. Good friends are worth their weight in gold...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread