AMRA FRAUD COMPLAINT

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
https://oag.ca.gov/charities

Gentlemen I feel I have no other choice and I encourage others to submit a complaint as well, sharing their concerns about AMRA if you have them.. For me I am focusing on AMRAS fundraising under false pretenses. The fact that I feel and see Shannon is using Funds for his own personal benefit.I also will include the fact that AMRA has used intimidation to dissuade me from my inquires.
I see no other recourse. I have aksed these men to explain to me and share the information and instead of cooperation and civility I was bullied and intimidated..
Gentlemen thank you for your time..

The link above will provide you with a complaint form from the California State Department of Justice, Attorney General office..

Upvote 0
T

Tuolumne

file:///Users/Todd/Downloads/15332094.pdf View attachment 15332094.pdf they already have been caught and warned before for violations on their raffles- AMRA busted again

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KAMALA D. HARRIS Attorney General

State of California DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

CT-700 Raffle 90_10 Letter
1300 I STREET P.O. BOX 903447 SACRAMENTO CA 94203-4470 Telephone: (916) 445-2021x9 Facsimile: (916) 444-3651 E-Mail: [email protected] January 4, 2017

AMERICAN MINING RIGHTS ASSOCIATION 6386 GREELEY HILL ROAD, PMB 607 COULTERVILLE, CA 95311

OUR FILE NUMBER: RF0010346

Dear Directors:

The Nonprofit Raffle Report (NRP-2) submitted on behalf of your organization for the raffles conducted during the 2016 year reflects that the total expenses for conducting the raffles exceeded 10% of the total gross receipts from the sale of raffle tickets. Penal Code section 320.5 (b)(4) provides that at least 90% of the gross receipts from the sale of raffle tickets must be used for charitable or beneficial purposes. It is a violation of law for expenses to exceed 10% of the total funds received from the sale of raffle tickets, when funds from sources other than ticket sales were not used to pay for administration or other costs of conducting the raffle. We realize that you may not have been aware of the law’s requirements. Please adhere to the 90/10 split requirement when conducting future raffles. The statute and other pertinent information relating to the Nonprofit Raffle Program are available on the Attorney General’s web site at http://oag.ca.gov/charities/. A review of these materials should provide a better understanding of the rules and regulations pertaining to the Nonprofit Raffle Program. NRP-1 and NRP-2 forms may be downloaded from the web site.

Any violations of Penal Code 320.5 section (b)(4)(A) may result in sanctions including, but not limited to a revocation of the organization’s raffle license, and a referral to the District Attorney’s Office.

Sincerely,

Staff Services Analyst Registry of Charitable Trusts

For KAMALA D. HARRIS Attorney General

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just mailed in my complaint in regards to AMRA and their misuse of donations.
Dated 4/6 2017..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed Lukins, end the insults now.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess stating the known facts can be insulting when a person is in the wrong, so I apologize for speaking the truth. I'm not insulting anyone.
I know Victor personally and there's nothing insulting about asking the simple question,
What have you done to help? So, I'll leave it at that...

T

Tuolumne

still the talking heads want to change the subject, you can start a new thread, were still waiting for a honest miner from amra to answer 2 genuine questions.

so what if branden loses his case? what help did that do? helps the lawyers thats all- how will that change my rights? all your work can be undone in the next voting cycle, Im not throwing my money away-

Plus, havent you attended any meetings? We are going to get dredging back and you didnt need to get arrested and $$$$$$$$ lawyer fees to make that happen. Save your money for your new dredge because Im ready to get my permit once its settled.

Amra already violated the law as stated above, what kind of amateurs are running his raffles? They cant even sign their forms right, they had their permits denied multiple times for clerical errors, way to be professional amra, I can help you fix the typos if you need, no donation required!

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now you're grasping at straws the DOJ just said to adhere to the 90/10 split when adding up expenses to hold a raffle
it just means they need to itemize better for the administration and costs just for the raffle itself, don't put all the expenses for
renting a conference hall for a meeting when the raffle only took ten minutes. just says to be aware in the future.
this went from a discussion to slander and defamation on a forum that is not associated in the least with AMRA

we are just simple miners offering our experience and knowledge to other like minded people, I feel you are attacking all miners.
you don't have to like or support any group, we're not them, we're just individual miners, so please take your fight somewhere else.

T

Tuolumne

Penal Code section 320.5 (b)(4) - It is a violation of law for expenses to exceed 10% of the total funds received from the sale of raffle tickets, when funds from sources other than ticket sales were not used to pay for administration or other costs of conducting the raffle.

thats not my words, thats the attorney generals

maybe amra should give your miner charity money to a book keeper because they cant even hold a raffle without breaking the penal code!

Im a small miner, not a illegal raffle gambler.

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I think clubs are stupid and a waste of time and money. I wouldn't join one, but To each there own. that seems to be a hard concept for some to understand on this forum. Out of all the terrible things in the world right now. I think AMRA potential misuse of funds ranks pretty darn low on the list of things anybody should be concerned about. If people are willing to give them money they deserve what they get OR what they do not get

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess stating the known facts can be insulting when a person is in the wrong, so I apologize for speaking the truth. I'm not insulting anyone.
I know Victor personally and there's nothing insulting about asking the simple question,
What have you done to help? So, I'll leave it at that...

Calling a member a shrill is an insult and violates our rules as does talking down to members.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh brother, PS Kamala Harris is no longer attorney general for the state of ca, she is a sitting US Senator... Too each his own...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure no charity has ever been warned about doing paperwork wrong.

Some people can't find and locate their own claims, some people do the paperwork wrong and lose them.

Some people just buy them to avoid the work.....then they like to be experts.

Some people join clubs so they get access to a lot of ground for cheap.

They make friends usually and find out or confirm that they don't need a club. They may stop paying dues they may stay part of the club.

AMRA isn't a club.

They actually do what they say based on their mission statement. Their help isn't itemized before they lend it. They're a non profit they have to spend money, Shannon has the right to be paid, and money goes into and is still in the legal fund...the only income shunt they have besides giving stuff away in raffles.

If there was nothing to fight for. The same people would talk crap on " clubs"

Heck 200 bucks for access to all those claims is a steal. Every one of them is a great home base for regional exploration and cross referencing.

Many people spend more than 200 bucks to go try one hopeful spot for one weekend.

They are also looked down upon on these forums.

If Shannon is wholesale ripping people off, it will show. If they are bad at red tape...they are in a very common situation in Ca.

I look forward to the outcome either way. Especially the potential libel suit.

Though a complaint to the A.G. isn't a civil suit. So the bullying, and supposed intimidation wouldn't be addressed. I would love to see Victor file that in court. A real civil case. That would be an education. He would have to ask for donations to win that fight.

Wishing much overburden and empty cracks and pans this season.

If there was anything good on AMRA the Sierra Fund would have pulled it out of the hat already. AMRA and WMA are literally the only thing getting in their way.
Guess no one thought about that though. Well Shannon has but, that doesn't count.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sure no charity has ever been warned about doing paperwork wrong.

Some people can't find and locate their own claims, some people do the paperwork wrong and lose them.

Some people just buy them to avoid the work.....then they like to be experts.

Some people join clubs so they get access to a lot of ground for cheap.

They make friends usually and find out or confirm that they don't need a club. They may stop paying dues they may stay part of the club.

AMRA isn't a club.

They actually do what they say based on their mission statement. Their help isn't itemized before they lend it. They're a non profit they have to spend money, Shannon has the right to be paid, and money goes into and is still in the legal fund...the only income shunt they have besides giving stuff away in raffles.

If there was nothing to fight for. The same people would talk crap on " clubs"

Heck 200 bucks for access to all those claims is a steal. Every one of them is a great home base for regional exploration and cross referencing.

Many people spend more than 200 bucks to go try one hopeful spot for one weekend.

They are also looked down upon on these forums.

If Shannon is wholesale ripping people off, it will show. If they are bad at red tape...they are in a very common situation in Ca.

I look forward to the outcome either way. Especially the potential libel suit.

Though a complaint to the A.G. isn't a civil suit. So the bullying, and supposed intimidation wouldn't be addressed. I would love to see Victor file that in court. A real civil case. That would be an education. He would have to ask for donations to win that fight.

Wishing much overburden and empty cracks and pans this season.

If there was anything good on AMRA the Sierra Fund would have pulled it out of the hat already. AMRA and WMA are literally the only thing getting in their way.
Guess no one thought about that though. Well Shannon has but, that doesn't count.

wish all you like. real prospectors dont rely on luck. persistance and perservarance are good traights to have . but i do wish luck to anyman who looks to amra for knowledge or success.. thanks gentlemen for all your help in keeping these threads alive . every view helps..

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling a member a shrill is an insult and violates our rules as does talking down to members.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm sorry, I called him a Shill, you are correct... I must have misspelled it...
Definition of Shill in an environmental activist term or from the Urban Dictionary #4
"In conspiracy terms: A Shill is a person who is pretending to agree with a conspiracy and intentionally circulates false information or acts totally insane in an effort to discredit said conspiracy. Shills are often thought to be hired by the government but don't necessarily have to be.
The media loves Shills because its easy to Straw man their false arguments and link their crazy unproven claims to ALL believers of said Conspiracy."

Once again, I apologize, I didn't realize that it was a bad word here...

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Your a bad boy Reed.... Now go to your room.......:laughing7:

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://oag.ca.gov/charities

Gentlemen I feel I have no other choice and I encourage others to submit a complaint as well, sharing their concerns about AMRA if you have them.. For me I am focusing on AMRAS fundraising under false pretenses. The fact that I feel and see Shannon is using Funds for his own personal benefit.I also will include the fact that AMRA has used intimidation to dissuade me from my inquires.
I see no other recourse. I have aksed these men to explain to me and share the information and instead of cooperation and civility I was bullied and intimidated..
Gentlemen thank you for your time..

The link above will provide you with a complaint form from the California State Department of Justice, Attorney General office..

So who's interest do you have in mind here?

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So who's interest do you have in mind here?
This is what I don't get. I don't belong to AMRA but I stopped by an AMRA outing last year and all I saw was smiling faces and people having fun, not one person I met felt they were being scammed. It appears only non-members like yourself and Todd, who have not lost a single cent, are the ones that have it out for AMRA. $200 can buy a two day pass to Disneyland for one person or a years worth of mining and adventures for the whole family plus a friend or two. If you want to be civil minded, there are a lot of bigger fish in the sea wasting millions of dollars and DO have people disgruntled members, go help them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread