Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I might have to pick up a copy. Looks like it's almost double the pages of the first edition

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I might have to pick up a copy. Looks like it's almost double the pages of the first edition

Bigger print for us old folks.:laughing7: Hope it has some new and helpful info for you Utes.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I got mine already too. there are a LOT more sites documented. Go get it Bruce!!

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where did you make your purchase?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got mine direct from the author...signed! Alan Chenworth, he posted about it on FB and I responded.

Or go here: http://goldpanningutah.com/

Last edited:

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m sure the book is great but are there actually sites in Utah that yield decent color and what about near the Salt lake-Provo area? I assume a lot of the sites are a little far flung from the city.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m sure the book is great but are there actually sites in Utah that yield decent color and what about near the Salt lake-Provo area? I assume a lot of the sites are a little far flung from the city.

Yes there are sites that yield decent color, even pickers! I found a couple at a site he talks about east of Moab.

No there’s no good gold near SLC/Provo but there is some gold. American Fork Canyon is the go-to area. I’ve been there several times.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You had me at "pickers". I'm getting the book. Only problem is the site doesnt let me buy it. The link doesnt go anywhere

Google it or try your local prospecting shop or even book store. Just be sure it’s the second edition NOT the first!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread