Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And so the ignorance and sickness continues to spread like a virus where logic and facts are ignored. "Opponents say dredge mining can increase turbidity, stir up mercury deposits, trap and kill aquatic insects, fish eggs and juvenile fish, and create noise that bothers other river users."

Opponents, however, said it is nothing less than a direct attack on rural Oregon and a century-old way of life, and argued that suction dredge mining can actually be beneficial to fish habitat.

“The state has not provided a single piece of evidence (of mining’s harm) except that outdoor groups wanted the water for themselves,” Sen. Alan Olsen, R-Canby, said during a debate on the Senate floor."

Coming soon to a state near you?

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once again the self anointed elitists in Oregon beat down the common man for no proven reason. Now they can go on to regulating cow farts. (true story)

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
" and create noise that bothers other river users."

This part really gets to me. So are generators, outboards, jet skis and jet boats outlawed too? How about drones? How about noisy people in rafts? What about the fighters that fly over me out of Medford? Do we use inside voices only within X amount of feet from the bank? OMG. And that kayaker better keep his pie hole shut too if he sees me panning. :BangHead:

Last edited:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Senator is a great speaker and would make an excellent governor for Oregon. I love him calling the liberals out on letting urban politicians regulate rural Oregon.

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So now what? This moves on to the house where they will surely pass it? I'm disgusted seeing my R Senator voted for this!

It's not about the fish don't be fooled. Tin Foil Hat Time, it's about them not wanting you to go after $5K per oz gold. That would really upset the apple cart wouldn't it? They'd rather see you on Food Stamps and under their control. This State acts like someone else won last Nov. They are running that play book to the letter. They'd rather run us off and then they can sell our claims to the big mining companies. The private sale of the Elliott State Forest was just the beginning.

Somewhere it states in the Mining Act that the State can be involved or something like that as long as it doesn't violate Fed Law. I know that's the wrong verbage but you get what I'm saying. Now if the New Guy in DC signs an EO saying he needs Critical Minerals and wants us to provide them, then that Trumps the authority of the State. In an argument between State and Federal Law the Federal Law wins and the State yields.

What am I to do? My overburden runs 10+ feet deep, the gold is under that, not above. The boulders can't be moved by hand. Actually the majority of the material can't be moved by hand. Hand panning will turn up blank pans nearly every time in the overburden. This is a taking, right? Am I stuck to just panning now? Is sluicing no longer allowed? Sucker Sticks and Gravity Dredges are they gone too?

If I see a fisherman I'm pushing him in and digging where he was standing. I'm dead serious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's Cultural Genocide, they want our kind gone, my family came to the west coast in covered wagons 150 years ago.
they are taking away our way of life, environmental justice should work both ways.

sorry, I deleted most of what I wrote, just too angry right now...

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sunday Sunday SUNDAY!!! It's the underdog Rural's (with 1 win and 10 losses and no ties) Vs the Urban's (10 wins, one loss and no ties). You've seen the outcomes when the Rurals came to town and got their *** handed to them. Now let's watch what happens when the Urban's make their first move ever into Rural territory. Ladies and Gentlemen...iiiitttttttt's TTTTIIIIMMMMEEEE!

Way to go Oregon. You have pitted all against all.

Last edited:

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sen Herman Baertschiger talks his Rural v Urban speech, the mining ban, other craziness in Salem.

Bill Meyer Show Podcast - 04-12-17_WED_8AM
Download 04-12-17_WED_8AM 04-12-2017 (19.25 MB)
Duration: 48:27 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 55.558186772356 KBPS - Frequency: 32000 HZ
04-12-17_WED_8AM

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sunday Sunday SUNDAY!!! It's the underdog Rural's (with 1 win and 10 losses and no ties) Vs the Urban's (10 wins, one loss and no ties). You've seen the outcomes when the Rurals came to town and got their *** handed to them. Now let's watch what happens when the Urban's make their first move ever into Rural territory. Ladies and Gentlemen...iiiitttttttt's TTTTIIIIMMMMEEEE!

Way to go Oregon. You have pitted all against all.
Out here the urbans think they are rocket scientist's! and we're just a bunch of dumb-***'s till they find out we're the good ol boy's and hand them their ***'s! Just did it. the bill we killed was from an urban.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you guys can somehow kill it. Oregon politics is every bit as bad as Kal.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is truly sad to see a once proud state succumb to being governed by a group of politicians that have no considerations for their constituants whose lives they are manipulating. It is a sure bet that none of these legislators spent a nickels worth of their life to experience hard work in the pursuit of the mandated right to pursue the extraction of minerals in order to obtain wealth. Never have they experienced a flash in the pan. Shame on them in their arrogance.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the link meg. Sen. Deboar needs to go back to selling cars. He's is a sorry excuse for a Rep. senator. He gave no compelling reason for voting yes on sb 3. His statement that they needed to move on to more important issues, so he just voted yes, just floored me. He also cited ONE property owner that had an issue with ONE dredger setting up a loud dredge in front of his home every day that seemed to be his main point. He has shown me to be a very flatfooted excuse for a senator. Only listen to the link if you want to get po'ed.

OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the people that had their neighbors complain, one of them lives by the upper end, they wanted the dredgers gone.
so they could put in three parking lots for rafters and rebuild the river with fake rocks. basically turn the river into an amusement park.
Gold Hill Whitewater Center

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread