Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Ok anyone have a sluice set up in a backpack hidden away

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    Jefferson City, Tennessee
    JW Fisher Pulse 8X; Minelab CTX 3030 & Sovereign Elite; White's GMT, Beach Hunter Id, Surf PI, Coinmaster Classic II, 6000 Di S2, an old GM 66-T with 5 coils & GM 65-T with 3 coils.
    4076 times
    Gold and Gem prospecting & Error/Variety Coin Research/Searching/Consulting and Collecting.
    I am sad to say that my' Gold Prospecting equipment fills half of my' double car garage!

Frank
    GoldpannerDave and 63bkpkr like this.
    U.S. Army Veteran (Nov. 27, 1972 to Mar. 30, 1978) and Federal Government Employee (Nov. 19, 1978 to Jul. 30, 2011), now retired with a total Federal Service of 38 years and 15 days. I am a Coin Collector, Searcher & Researcher at heart with main interests in Error & Variety Coins. I also love Gold and Gem Prospecting, Metal Detecting when and where I can, Ginseng and Herb Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Hunting and Fishing as well as research on Spanish Shipwrecks.

Aug 2015
    608 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    I am sad to say that my' Gold Prospecting equipment fills half of my' double car garage!

Frank
    If you get the house in the divorce, you can stet the other side up for fine gold recovery. Parking your car/truck inside is overrated.
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    8786 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by gldguy1 View Post
    I wasn't calling you a keyboard warrior more just saying that in general. I appreciate your help and honest opinions. Last summer 3 times I got harrased by some volunteer rangers in the confluence area because they saw my sluice box. I usually go to the bear but I want to check out different areas so wanted to keep my stuff packed away until I get there
    It's all good . I know that there are some field agents who try to tell people the rules, without knowing the law.

The best thing for us all is to know the law and have the courage and confidence to remind either unknowing or agenda based agents that we know what we're doing.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    8786 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    Being secretive about your favorite dig spot is one thing but hiding the fact that you are participating is a legal activity is counter productive.
    I support the right to open carry my pistol and I do so...openly. Sometime I come across someone who is shocked or uncomfortable. This is because in the liberal town I live in, the legal activity is not often seen. When I lived in Montana everyone open carried...people were use to it and didnt care.

If miners go into hiding, sneaking wherever they go then their actions will be perceived as unlawful. When people question you, use the opportunity to teach them.
    exactly
    russau and 63bkpkr like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

Jul 2015
    utah
    769 times
    Prospecting
    When I first started prospecting I used my large kelty internal frame pack. it's large enough to put a five gallon bucket inside, plus all my other gear, with exception to the sluice, which I would strap to outside. I'm sure you could find one large enough to fit all of your gear inside. Especially if your using a smaller sluice. I use a external freighter frame pack now. Much easier to get everything on it, and it makes everything more accessable. The rangers in my area are very friendly to prospectors, or at least every one I've meet. And I don't prospect in areas​ that are off limits, so I don't worry about being hassled. My son and I went out Tuesday and ran into 4 rangers walking down the canyon as we were heading up. They saw the gear on my pack , and we're very friendly about us going prospecting. We chatted for a few minutes, I told them we were prospecting for the 2 g's - gold and garbage. They told us good luck hope you find more gold then garbage, have fun and went on their way.

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    9048 times
    Prospecting
    Bruce, you rock!
    utah mason likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    278 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pack1.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1,005.5 KB 
ID:	1440627
    utah mason likes this.

Mar 2016
    763 times
    I use a hunting pack frame which has a platform which folds down. Perfect for a 5 gallon bucket which can hold lots of things (even a folding sluice).
    Wrap it in a camo rain tarp and you will look like a bum i.e. blend in.

I usually wear clothing that blends into the environment. I prefer to allow people to drive/walk by while I remain unnoticed.
    Not to be sneaky, but I like to be able to disappear into the woods if I want to.
    gldguy1, Goldwasher and utah mason like this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Charter Member
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

Jul 2015
    utah
    769 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Bruce, you rock!
    Thanks I appreciate that. As anyone who knows me will tell you, I love to chat with people. Regardless if their young, old, religious, atheists, rich, poor, or skin color. I just like talking to people. My business partner will tell you I like it too much. My son is always asking me "do you know them?" To which I'll reply "I do now" If you approach someone with a positive attitude and a smile it goes along way.

us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    Jefferson City, Tennessee
    JW Fisher Pulse 8X; Minelab CTX 3030 & Sovereign Elite; White's GMT, Beach Hunter Id, Surf PI, Coinmaster Classic II, 6000 Di S2, an old GM 66-T with 5 coils & GM 65-T with 3 coils.
    4076 times
    Gold and Gem prospecting & Error/Variety Coin Research/Searching/Consulting and Collecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep691 View Post
    If you get the house in the divorce, you can stet the other side up for fine gold recovery. Parking your car/truck inside is overrated.
    I did...I did!! I mean I got the house in the divorce but the other side of the garage is full of tools and my oldest daughter's stuff. Besides where would I put anything else? I have a home made Trommel and Gold Cube with a Drywasher attachment (courtesy of Good Guy), two Trash Pumps (one Honda and the other a Briggs & Stratton), a smaller Water Pump, a Generator, a Highbanker/Dredge Combo with Keene A-52 Sluice, another new Keene A-52 Sluice for the Trommel, a large wood table for the Miller Table to be set up on (and yes the Miller Table and two more slates to make two more Miller Tables), about six Classifiers, 5 Gold Pans, a four tier Sifter with legs, 4 or 5 shovels, several small Mattocks, several assorted sized Sledge Hammers, several assorted sized Chisels, a Back-Packing Duffel Bag to haul Gold Pans...Classifiers...Shovels & other assorted gear on hike in prospecting trips and a Cart Wagon in which to haul a fraction of my' equipment.

Frank
    Last edited by huntsman53; Apr 17, 2017 at 09:34 PM.
    utah mason likes this.
    U.S. Army Veteran (Nov. 27, 1972 to Mar. 30, 1978) and Federal Government Employee (Nov. 19, 1978 to Jul. 30, 2011), now retired with a total Federal Service of 38 years and 15 days. I am a Coin Collector, Searcher & Researcher at heart with main interests in Error & Variety Coins. I also love Gold and Gem Prospecting, Metal Detecting when and where I can, Ginseng and Herb Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Hunting and Fishing as well as research on Spanish Shipwrecks.

us
    just butch

Feb 2017
    mt jewett pa
    minelab eurka gold
    43 times
    Hey! tell you what. Find yourself a 3' piece of corrugated plastic pipe. Cut that in half length ways, then cut that piece in half. You should have two pieces about 18"'s long. If they don't fit into your pack, cut them till they do. Keep in mind you want these to overlap one another. Might need three pieces. Drill a couple of holes in pieces that overlap to hook together with wire. Don't want it washing down stream. Might have to cut a stick to strengthen this when you go to use it wherever you're going. Try it at your home to iron out any kinks. Hope this was helpful. May your pan always have yellow in it.

Apr 2016
    350 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492752094.068309.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	376.7 KB 
ID:	1442217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492752109.639966.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	399.0 KB 
ID:	1442218
    This is what I was talking about when I would get hassled for prospecting
    If you would like to sign the petition I created another thread or it can be seen here
    https://www.change.org/p/jn-perlot-s...reational-area
    63bkpkr likes this.

us
    just butch

Feb 2017
    mt jewett pa
    minelab eurka gold
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gldguy1 View Post
    So I'm thinking about trying to hide my sluice 3 gallon buckets and pans in a back back to look like a regular hiker not like I'm about to go prospect. Anyone else have a similar set up by chance
    Hey gldguy1, I already passed along to you an idea for a take down sluice with the 6"/8" perforated pipe. So instead of a back pack, how bout a trapping basket? you could probably get one made of nylon or if not put a liner in a wooden one. You could use it to carry your material to your sluice instead of three 5 gal buckets. These trapping baskets have shoulder straps and can carry quite a payload. Butch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links