Ok anyone have a sluice set up in a backpack hidden away

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! tell you what. Find yourself a 3' piece of corrugated plastic pipe. Cut that in half length ways, then cut that piece in half. You should have two pieces about 18"'s long. If they don't fit into your pack, cut them till they do. Keep in mind you want these to overlap one another. Might need three pieces. Drill a couple of holes in pieces that overlap to hook together with wire. Don't want it washing down stream. Might have to cut a stick to strengthen this when you go to use it wherever you're going. Try it at your home to iron out any kinks. Hope this was helpful. May your pan always have yellow in it.

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492752094.068309.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492752109.639966.jpg
This is what I was talking about when I would get hassled for prospecting
If you would like to sign the petition I created another thread or it can be seen here
https://www.change.org/p/jn-perlot-stop-government-over-reach-in-auburn-state-recreational-area

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm thinking about trying to hide my sluice 3 gallon buckets and pans in a back back to look like a regular hiker not like I'm about to go prospect. Anyone else have a similar set up by chance
Hey gldguy1, I already passed along to you an idea for a take down sluice with the 6"/8" perforated pipe. So instead of a back pack, how bout a trapping basket? you could probably get one made of nylon or if not put a liner in a wooden one. You could use it to carry your material to your sluice instead of three 5 gal buckets. These trapping baskets have shoulder straps and can carry quite a payload. Butch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread