Waders

Bandmenter

Oct 28, 2016
Northern Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at Cabela's this weekend looking for some over boot waders. When I asked about them they looked oddly at me and said they have never heard of such a thing. A while back I know it was discussed on TNET but I cannot locate the thread as to what brand they were. Can someone assist me with the brand that would be most recommended for this application. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Upvote 0

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
The news are a great product but they were designed primarily for canoeist (sp?) portaging from Lake to Lake on established trails (a past passion of mine so I am familiar with them).
For prospecting I am definitely a chest wader fan.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be sure and check regs on felt soles in your state/area. Here in Alaska hey made them illegal for fisherman about 3 yrs ago and ALL users about 2 yrs ago. I know many states have done the same. Lots of folks here didn't know and we're buying waders they couldn't wear at garage sales.

Felt bottom waders are banned in Colorado now due to how they can propagate snail eggs to new streams.

All of us creek/river users need to clean our gear well and let it dry thoroughly between trips...especially to different watersheds.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fortunately only go to one, and haven't seen a single snail. I'll likely croak while wearing them and in Commiefornia, there's probably a law against that too.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wetsuit at a thrift store $20.
Wetsuit boots at a thrift store $5.

Working on the beach, I run high waist wetsuit pants and boots. Found a 5mm john that has a relief zipper that I'm going to cut down to high waist. That was a nice thrift store find at $5.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felt bottom waders are banned in Colorado now due to how they can propagate snail eggs to new streams.

All of us creek/river users need to clean our gear well and let it dry thoroughly between trips...especially to different watersheds.

Same goes for zebra mussels and algae/seaweed species.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No big deal as they sell them with or without felt so no big deal. I just like built in boots,also have without builtin boots also. John-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Felt bottom boots /waders and the likes are illegal in Misery also. and I loved them , they kept me from slipping all over the mossy rocks and now they are in the trash!:BangHead:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And better yet, all those seaplanes that visit EAA every year. Flying from lake to lake.

Told the DNR about it, and their response was, "Oh, we never thought of that!"

OP
OP
Bandmenter

Bandmenter

Oct 28, 2016
Northern Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the way a thread migrates and morphs into something else. I bought a pair of chest waders for myself. My friend is a war veteran amputee and has need to leave a shoe on. We will be ordering a set and get to some fishing, maybe get in some prospecting as well. Thank for the input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread