Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492740701.213504.jpg

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How is one ever gonna trust or respect AMRA when everything they do seems to be for their own benefit.. Now you may ask what do you mean? Well let me explain.. This issue with the ASRA has been a problem for awhile( a year or so) and it was not a surprise that on January 1st 2017 they implemented their new rules.
My question is where was AMRA then? why is it all of a sudden AMRA decides to do a Dinner and gold show in Auburn and all of a sudden these issues matter? Ill tell you what I think I don't think AMRA gave a crap then and certainly doesn't care now.. just a ploy to get more donations and continue their hussle of the mining community.. Gentlemen I hope you all take the time and actually look at AMRA accomplishments.. Not what they say they are doin or did but actual results.. They love to say that they are working behind the scenes and I am inclined to believe them.. They most certainly are working behind the scenes and fleecing the mining community..
I do not welcome AMRA to Auburn . Believe it or not there is more to mining and mining rights then donations and gold shows and dinners..

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is one ever gonna trust or respect AMRA when everything they do seems to be for their own benefit.. Now you may ask what do you mean? Well let me explain.. This issue with the ASRA has been a problem for awhile( a year or so) and it was not a surprise that on January 1st 2017 they implemented their new rules.
My question is where was AMRA then? why is it all of a sudden AMRA decides to do a Dinner and gold show in Auburn and all of a sudden these issues matter? Ill tell you what I think I don't think AMRA gave a crap then and certainly doesn't care now.. just a ploy to get more donations and continue their hussle of the mining community.. Gentlemen I hope you all take the time and actually look at AMRA accomplishments.. Not what they say they are doin or did but actual results.. They love to say that they are working behind the scenes and I am inclined to believe them.. They most certainly are working behind the scenes and fleecing the mining community..
I do not welcome AMRA to Auburn . Believe it or not there is more to mining and mining rights then donations and gold shows and dinners..

You have some great points here, when I posted this I wasn't aware at the time that it was solely amra doing this, I thought it was them sharing info. The more I look into amra the more I see your point being made. I have been in the canyon since I was a little kid and I don't live but a stones throw from the canyon but the over regulations of the sra in auburn are really making it hard for me to enjoy going thru it anymore let alone wanting to now go "hands and pans"

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am all for anyone trying to over turn this lame rule and I know the people at pioneer here in auburn have been very big about what's going on down there also.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am all for anyone trying to over turn this lame rule and I know the people at pioneer here in auburn have been very big about what's going on down there also.

Have you familiarized yourself with ASRA lands and management contract and the laws governing the lands that make up the ASRA? I believe Goldenmojo posted some of the info recently? Likely your best course of action if you are really concerned about ASRA treatment of the Mining community...

Myself I don't give a crap what rules ASRA puts forth in regards to prospecting mining.. I have LAWS that protect my interests.. I have and will continue to use ASRA lands as I always have. They can use what ever intimidation they like and make no mistake these rules are their way to intimidate the land user..

One of the biggest problem the mining community faces is that these so advocacy groups really don't understand or can not comprehend or more likely just don't bother to even find out anything about what they are advocating for.. I do know if I listened to all the BS that these advocacy groups preach I would be lucky to be allowed to even use a goldpan..
Anyway all I can say if you use the land probably be best to actually get the information firsthand not from the local club or prospecting shop or the agency.. The whole world at our fingertips... Why rely on second hand info? truthfully if I listened to the folks at Pioneer I wouldn't be diving and using a hookah on a Wild scenic river where I was told any and all motorized use was illegal.. Not to say they were totally wrong but they wernt right either. Just learn for yourself that's the best bet.

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you familiarized yourself with ASRA lands and management contract and the laws governing the lands that make up the ASRA? I believe Goldenmojo posted some of the info recently? Likely your best course of action if you are really concerned about ASRA treatment of the Mining community...

Myself I don't give a crap what rules ASRA puts forth in regards to prospecting mining.. I have LAWS that protect my interests.. I have and will continue to use ASRA lands as I always have. They can use what ever intimidation they like and make no mistake these rules are their way to intimidate the land user..

One of the biggest problem the mining community faces is that these so advocacy groups really don't understand or can not comprehend or more likely just don't bother to even find out anything about what they are advocating for.. I do know if I listened to all the BS that these advocacy groups preach I would be lucky to be allowed to even use a goldpan..
Anyway all I can say if you use the land probably be best to actually get the information firsthand not from the local club or prospecting shop or the agency.. The whole world at our fingertips... Why rely on second hand info? truthfully if I listened to the folks at Pioneer I wouldn't be diving and using a hookah on a Wild scenic river where I was told any and all motorized use was illegal.. Not to say they were totally wrong but they wernt right either. Just learn for yourself that's the best bet.

I agree with everything your saying trust me, as for the mining laws, I am sort of not very book smart so some of the wording I have come across I have to google, then google what I just googled then google again lol. I never was into prospecting until after my dad passed away a couple years back, I took his pans and went out and ever since I have been hooked, not so much on the gold but the experience of finding gold and everything that goes into prospecting. It fascinates me. I take my daughter and she loves it too. I have been learning as much as I can from these threads and by folks like you. My dad when I was a kid found a 1 ounce nugget back in the early 80s in the sra and made it into a necklace for my mom. It's too bad some years later she had to sell it off to pay some bills during a rough patch but he wouldn't shut up about gold and where it was and I never listened at all to what he had to say...until he was gone and now I try to rack my head to remember. I appreciate you and everyone on the tnet.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread