Just a heads up for those that don't know auburn Sra is now hand and pans

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went into the canyon today and saw a ranger giving a lecture amongst other things to two prospectors who I guess didn't realize it's hands and pans. I for one think it's bs, and signed the petition I have shared and hope to fight this along with other prospectors alike to get this changed. If you plan on heading down there there is no more using garden trowls or sluices or anything. Just a heads up

Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
madness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a disgrace to Auburn, a great town built on gold with a statue of a miner to remind us of their heritage. I bet that bronze statue is cringing now.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heres the document that Claydiggins eludes to occasionally. See if you can figure out if you should be stopped. If you think you are covered highlight the section, laminate it and carry it with you along with a copy of mining law. If you dont think it pertains to you get a good manicure set to remove the grit out from under your hands/pans abused fingernails. If you are thinking of changing the rule that ASRA has imposed you should go back and research the history of what has gone on since the early 90's by those that negotiated the rights to mine and the lame fight we put up two years ago November 2015 when this was coming down the pike. Good Luck and Happy Mining.

https://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/500/files/MPA_Signed.pdf

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1492978817.986752.jpg
This is on the sra web page

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are 100% right. Its much easier to laminate this and show it to every miner than what I proposed. I just hope that the term the department applies to my mountain bike is not tricycle cause my feet won't reach the pedals. Happy Rockhounding.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe reads sometimes too.

be like Joe

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing in the MPA allows the rec area to stop prospecting. Fed law allows it. State law allows it.

There is no new code that stops it.

Refer to the MPA when you talk to Barny Fide. Tell him you have the info. ask to see the law that stopped the use of tools.

If you really want to help make them right you a ticket.

If you can.

ASRA is not a "State ParK"

Ca. state parks signed an agreement they have to administer.

Nothing in that agreement orders them or allows them to stop the use of hand tools.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SRA has posted rules that carry no weight of law. Let the green coat try to issue a citatation. I forsee a civil suit. The SRA has posted written intent to commit conspiracy under color of law. Bunch of vigilante green coats.

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need a way to define everything legally as a pan now. Sluice? No this is my long pan. Dredge? No this is my suction pan.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they're trying to define everything as a dredge.....so if you can pan you can dredge

I like it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread