Went out to the bear river today, Mother Nature has moved tons of dirt around

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The river has changed so much since all the rains this year ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493596453.104390.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493596469.547743.jpg

Upvote 0

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah gldguy1, it's amazing.
Ok, don't laugh at my stupid selfies - just look at the difference a year makes in the river channel behind me.
The top picture is from April 2016, the bottom picture is from April 2017. They are from roughly the same spot, though not exactly (but you get the idea).

8ZrJUPG.jpg
9v8S5Sw.jpg

- Brian

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gldguy & brian,
Thank you for the before & after pictures - I suspect much of the Sierra rivers will show the same massive changes of the river beds due to the natural though heavy water flows.............63bkpkr

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very dramatic...gotta chase that gold downstream too I guess after a year like this one!

PS love the selfies

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Golden smiles!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The river is definitely trying to rechannel itself there and the giant sweeping corner may eventually get cut off and be left to dry up completely in the summer. Here is a shot of the upstream beginning of the rechannel and some of the cut from today. Lots of fine gold was swept around the corner and distributed elsewhere.

IMG_3967 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3965 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3966 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3960 - Copy.JPG

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice shine!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a good spot to brings kids and family and get a little color. The park is about two miles of river front and when the water drops in the summer it is easy to wade out into the river safely and work the exposed bedrock. The brutal hike to this spot pictured is about three hundred feet from the road across the cobble bar.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice selfies!! Yep time to get out there and do some river spotting to see what all is new and golden ...

Pyrofx

Jan 7, 2016
Needles Ca
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2 keene a52, GOLD HOG RIVER SLUICE, home built 6 x 60 recirc high banker, Gold cube, Miller table....and a pan or two
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good spot to brings kids and family and get a little color. The park is about two miles of river front and when the water drops in the summer it is easy to wade out into the river safely and work the exposed bedrock. The brutal hike to this spot pictured is about three hundred feet from the road across the cobble bar.

Might go visit my mom and sister. They are in Rescue. Woild this be a good place to bring the wife and her gold cube and let her play a bit.?
Easy place to find and get to?
Greg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the board near the campground it says no motors. I have seen a very few not follow that rule. Mostly people sluice. The address is Plumtree road off of Placer Hills Road Colfax CA. The official is 2500 campground road but that is up at the main campground. The better spot for families and wives is just downstream of the campground at the big day use parking lot. You can go upstream or downstream from there. Gold at the waterline. The best gold is in the orange mucky clay mix but gold throughout.

Pyrofx

Jan 7, 2016
Needles Ca
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2 keene a52, GOLD HOG RIVER SLUICE, home built 6 x 60 recirc high banker, Gold cube, Miller table....and a pan or two
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the board near the campground it says no motors. I have seen a very few not follow that rule. Mostly people sluice. The address is Plumtree road off of Placer Hills Road Colfax CA. The official is 2500 campground road but that is up at the main campground. The better spot for families and wives is just downstream of the campground at the big day use parking lot. You can go upstream or downstream from there. Gold at the waterline. The best gold is in the orange mucky clay mix but gold throughout.[/QUOTE
It's set up as a recirc.but no use testing those watters.
Might just classify and bring to truck. Or teach her how to use a sluice.
Thanks guys.
Btw , what kind of store you got washer? And when are you doing classes. Momma might be interested.
Greg

Pyrofx

Jan 7, 2016
Needles Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well. Took mom and the wife out to the bear. Mom is 75 and had a lot of fun.
Stopped by Jarreds ( goldwasher) new place and picked up an A52 to add to the arsenals. He and John suggested the same spot. Only came out with a quarter gram , but had a good day playing.
We will defiantly be back to visit soon and will try and locate a place to work with a bit more color.
Greg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread