How many do we have around Fairbanks AK

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Wish I was around Fairbanks/Interior Alaska prospecting".

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lived in North Pole for 8 years or so. Never prospected but I did my share of fishing for sure. Wish I could go back or have a do-over, many things that I wanted to do while there but active duty Air Force and full time electrical contractor limited me on time.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Im a few hundred miles south of you in Kenai but hope to do some prospecting up your way in the next couple of years. Just bought a polaris ranger 6x6 this winter with the hopes of using it for prospecting along with hunting etc

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My daughter lives in North Pole. I have visited, and driven around the area. I don't know the laws, but I would think there is placer gold everywhere in that valley, but I think the big dredges tore it up good a hundred or more years ago. I would think the side ravines that are hard to get to would hold good gold. But you would have to be one gnarly dude to deal with the mud and mosquitoes, bears and brush, mean moose, and permafrost. Good luck to you. Be safe.

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter lives in North Pole. I have visited, and driven around the area. I don't know the laws, but I would think there is placer gold everywhere in that valley, but I think the big dredges tore it up good a hundred or more years ago. I would think the side ravines that are hard to get to would hold good gold. But you would have to be one gnarly dude to deal with the mud and mosquitoes, bears and brush, mean moose, and permafrost. Good luck to you. Be safe.

Us Alaskans are a tough breed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread