Misery gold!!

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
My buddy and I have found the best gold in Missouri ever!! Found a creek,with about 1000 feet of bedrock just full of cracks and crevices.with no glacial rock showing,we thought we might a speck or two.we started crevising using our sucker tubes.A few minutes later, I look up and see my buddy doing the happy dance,he was panning his plus twenty cons and found his first plus twenty piece of Misery gold ever. His minus twenty pan had about 10 peppers + some that were kind of chunky,and a few specks.We worked it for about 4 hours a both got our best MO gold ever. What was weird is there was no glacial rock,and very little black sand.What's nice is it only about an hour from St.Louis. I am going to try to post some pic,s hope that come out. 0427171653.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Got back out to the creek yesterday with our normal group. We worked the our normal cracks and crevices,for 4 or 5 hours,got a little bit of gold.It was getting late. so we decided to walk down stream,to do a little mossing.We have not done that on this creek yet.Well anyway this is a pic of the gold from a half a five gal bucket of mossing material. Wow! It was getting late so we had to go, but now we know where the gold is. You just never know. 0517171526f.jpg

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We never did hit bedrock on the wide cracks,hit clay about a foot deep.

Hey Catfishjim90, a thought on that clay. Check to see if there is any gravels in that clay. I sure don't know your area but I have found here that after awhile, the clay I'm digging is actually decomposed bedrock and has no material from the river, thus no gold. I usually dig a couple of inches into the clay and move on. Something to investigate.

Good luck, seems everyone's having fun including the dog.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't forget to chisel those loose rocks, got alot of gold doing that!

OP
OP
C

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Got out to the creek today, did some mossing and grassing for a couple of hour's. Some pics of my take for the day. 0524171826f.jpg 0524171335.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread