A day at the bear

Pyrofx

Jan 7, 2016
Needles Ca
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2 keene a52, GOLD HOG RIVER SLUICE, home built 6 x 60 recirc high banker, Gold cube, Miller table....and a pan or two
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I had a couple days off and thought it a good time to go visit my mom and sister up in El Dorado and rescue. I sent Jacob " Goldwasher" a pm and asked about the area. He said he was in the middle of moving his store in Colma , but give a call when in town. He and Goldmojo, said with water levels what they are the bear was about it for now. So I loaded up my wife and mom( 75) and stopped by his store to pick up a sluice. Then we headed out to the bear.

When I pulled in , I met up with the park ranger. very nice guy and we talked for a bit. he said the SO was doing a great job of looking around the area. Now coming out of a Bay area family , I am the redneck of them all. I felt plenty safe at the area. Yes the campground had some questionable types living there. But hell , so does every place on earth. Would I camp there ? Maybe. Would I take a family there for the day? Absolutely! Common sense goes a long way.

Met a couple nice diggers and the helped my mom and wife while I dug in the rocks.

Long and short..... Go have fun at the Bear. .
We got a half gram of gold but a million dollars of fun.
Greg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread