Rinehart update

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it was already mentioned in the other thread but wanted to get this out.

From James Buchal

I am happy to report that the Supreme Court invited the Solicitor General to file a brief on whether or not the Supreme Court should accept Brandon Rinehart’s petition for review of the California Supreme Court decision allowing states to shut down mining on federal lands. If the Solicitor General files a brief supporting acceptance of the petition, the chances that the Supreme Court will take the case go up very significantly.

This is an easy opportunity for the Trump Administration to show its support for mining, and the (indeterminate) period of time during which the Solicitor General is responding to the request is critical for us all. At present, it appears that there is an Acting Solicitor General, Jeffrey B. Wall (see https://www.justice.gov/osg), who is a Washington, D.C. lawyer whom I suspect has little or no knowledge concerning Western natural resource issues. Anyone with federal agency contacts (U.S. Forest Service/Interior/BLM) who can help push these agencies’ attorneys to reverse this mess may want to use their influence to do so.

With this great news I am asking EVERYONE to send in a letter and call the SG as mentioned last Friday in the weekly Trump letter campaign.http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/541000-speical-request-trump-letter.html

If you sent in a letter or a call send another! If you haven't you now have cause to take action. Please do both so next week he gets all the letters mailed this week

Thanks for all of your support!

ratled

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI This is a big deal. We need to get as many calls and letters in as we can. If you have already called or sent in a letter please do so again, if you haven't NOW is the time.

The comment phone line is open 24/7 and you can leave a message requesting the Solicitor General write a brief in favor of Rinehart - Department Comment Line: 202-353-1555

Thanks for your support, let's make this happen

ratled

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a new day, time for another call....

ratled

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the heads up on this. Here is the web address and the physical address for where you can send a letter to.

https://www.justice.gov/osg/contact-office

Office of the Solicitor General
950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20530-0001

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serious, another day time for another call. More info coming as soon as I get the green light top release it

ratled

Sam_at_Armadillo

Oct 1, 2016
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the template also.
I added to my letter as well.
It goes out today.

I have also called the number every day.

Keep up the great work RATLED, Goldwasher, GoldenMojo.
Your efforts are invaluable.
:-)
Sam

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be sure and include the case/file no.# 16-970 RINEHART, BRANDON L. V. CALIFORNIA

prospecting and casual level mining, in fact all mining under the mining laws is non-discretionary,
reasonable environmental regulations is what we are asking for.
its not having the state pick and chose what areas will be closed, someone with a mining claim
in an area of federally managed lands closed by the state, that has expended time and resources
to develop their mineral deposit cant just go somewhere else, because that's someone else claim.
under the mining laws you dont just have a right on paper, or like the state wants,
to go out pull over beside the road and look at your claim or maybe take some sample pans.
its a right to locate a valuable deposit, stake a claim to protect it from others, and develop and bring your minerals to market.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Winners. Thanks for the case number. I was having trouble locating it.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you will never redeem yourself

Don't plan on doing that anyway. Old hippies bring in less money when redeemed than a Califorina Pepsi can. And the only place left that recycles us is a smelly dump down on the bad end of Haight Street. ...Now you know why I'm sorry. :laughing7:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks this is a BIG DEAL! This is a no cost action as PLF is paying the way. This will apply to all of the states so everyone needs to make those calls and send those letters

Thanks for your support

ratled

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread