DEVILS CANYON on Discovery Channel.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a little while since I've been around. Got moved to the night shift at work and that has really hindered my prospecting and I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks. Well yesterday I got an email from Discovery Channel about when the teaser/trailers will be airing for the show I will be on called "Devils Canyon". First one is on May 17th during the airing of "The Last Alaskans". I am nervous like you wouldnt believe. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. 6 weeks completely alone in the British Columbia bush, surviving and mining gold. No film crew, just me, filming myself the entire time. You get me, in the raw struggling like I have never done before.

But how did "The Goose" react............(you should have seen the people in the park......LOL!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goose, we never look or sound like we think.
It'll be refreshing to see something from real life, though edited for content and drama. I'll know all the troubles, trials and tribulations you went through were real.

I have direct personal connections and have had many conversations with ex-Ax men and deadliest catch subjects and understand how the truth gets distorted for entertainment.
It's all good my friend!

Can't wait to see it!!!!

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose, we never look or sound like we think.
It'll be refreshing to see something from real life, though edited for content and drama. I'll know all the troubles, trials and tribulations you went through were real.

I have direct personal connections and have had many conversations with ex-Ax men and deadliest catch subjects and understand how the truth gets distorted for entertainment.
It's all good my friend!

Can't wait to see it!!!!

This is going to be a lot different than shows that you have seen out there. Discovery wanted to test the limits with this one.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! I will be watching for sure. Goose,Goose,Goose!

kosoca

Apr 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh. If this is the same Devils Canyon that is in the Cariboo Goldfields of BC, that pretty cool. The biggest nugget in the Cariboo was found very close to there, at 30 oz. I've got a few claims in around that area. Lots of bears.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the place. And bears.....don't remind me of the bears.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a heads up, I'll be doing a live Facebook feed on the 5th for anyone that is interested. I am waiting to find out if it will be on the Devils Canyon page or my page.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some mean looking country and you say its full of soft, fuzzy, cuddly bears - Oh MY! I would also bet the bugs are a lot of fun!.......63bkpkr

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wait till you get down to the Bear den on a hot day and the sweat bee's come after you, they love to circle your head while making a loud buzzing sound. They don't bite but when you get 4 or 5 of them buzzing you it's very annoying. First time I ran into them 24 years ago I thought I had ran into a hornets nest so I started running witch attracted them more to me, sweat is the key. Only way I have found to keep them away is a wet towel over my head, it may look funny but it works.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait till you get down to the Bear den on a hot day and the sweat bee's come after you, they love to circle your head while making a loud buzzing sound. They don't bite but when you get 4 or 5 of them buzzing you it's very annoying. First time I ran into them 24 years ago I thought I had ran into a hornets nest so I started running witch attracted them more to me, sweat is the key. Only way I have found to keep them away is a wet towel over my head, it may look funny but it works.

LOL!, Not looking forward to the bees. But they wont keep me from the gold!

New trailer just got put up! Check it out on my Public page!
https://www.facebook.com/BoyceDevilsCanyon/

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Devils Canyon? Is that a ride at six flags?
HAH!!!!
No beer on yer trip Goose?
Looking forward to the Devil's Canyon premier.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice! Congrats to you! I look forward to watching.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Bronze, what is the name of the river you were on? Cannot find Devil's canyon on Google Earth. Looking forward to the show

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DVR set! Looking forward to seeing the new show, and of course more videos from the goose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread