Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: Rookie Gold!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10420 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by et1955 View Post
    I remember finding my first ounce of gold and had it in a glass container and while holding it in my hand it slipped and hit the metal rail on my chair, it exploded all on me and the shag carpet below, I froze, what do I do now, any guesses what I did.
    Cut out the carpet?

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    775 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Cut out the carpet?
    I did when I moved out, they were going to replace it so I offered to pull the carpet for them.
    Gold4Mike and KevinInColorado like this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer Gold Hog Piglet highbanker Home made slate miller table
    417 times
    Prospecting
    Lol, I vacuumed again and got more gold. I guess I will keep vacuuming until I come up empty. It's easier than going to the river!

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    Angus Mackirk Foreman Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer Gold Hog Piglet highbanker Home made slate miller table
    417 times
    Prospecting
    I got the chance this past weekend to appreciate my wife. Not because she came out digging with me, which she does a lot, but because she didn't. I just can't get as much done by myself. Wifey stayed home and I headed out for some exploring. I wanted to check out a creek tributary to our normal Nooksack spot. I hiked up a bit to a spot on the Skookum creek, but with the recent rains it was just too high to try and set up the sluice or do any digging. I did see some spots that I will return to in lower water conditions.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3742 (2).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.56 MB 
ID:	1703378 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3745 (2).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	5.20 MB 
ID:	1703379 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3748 (2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	1703380
    Instead I went to our usual river bar and tested a couple spots. This is where wifey would have come in handy, digging while I'm sluicing or sluicing while I'm digging. Those of you who do this solo, I tip my hat to you! I was only able to test a couple spots, sluice them, clean them up to finish checking later, before I ran out of time.

Each side of the dime is about 3 gallons of classified. I am thinking of taking the Piglet back to the spot where I got the gold on the left. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3783.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	5.12 MB 
ID:	1703381
    et1955, 1637 and KevinInColorado like this.

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    775 times
    Prospecting
    I would love to get way back there on skookum creek, an old timer told me that he found some nice nuggets there but you need to get way back near MT. Baker. Just a suggestion, when high, test high, I get my best gold way up the bank and also consider testing the moss for gold too.
    Gold4Mike and OwenT like this.

us
    May 2017
    Mount Vernon, Washington
    417 times
    Prospecting
    Ed, I've heard some of those stories too from some locals. Like most places around here, the roads are all gated and would mean quite a walk in. Still thinking about that electric bike idea of yours!
    et1955 likes this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    487 times
    Prospecting

Rookie Gold!

I just saw a photo from the early 1900s of miners with a small rocker on Skookum creek. It's on the DNR website under rockhounding. https://www.dnr.wa.gov/rockhounding#gold-panning

Of course thereís more than one skookum creek in WA but itís probably the same one.
    Last edited by OwenT; Apr 16, 2019 at 01:00 PM.
    et1955 and Gold4Mike like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links